|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 07:52 AM EST||
Life Fitness is elevating heart rates at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) with the introduction of two apps featuring integration into LFopen, Life Fitness’ open API (Application Programming Interface). Each app will work seamlessly with Life Fitness equipment and allow exercisers to enhance their workout experience using their mobile devices.
“Our users want the ability to customize their workouts and create unique experiences that engage and motivate them. With our new open platform products, we are giving consumers the tools they need to enhance their fitness routines by integrating personal technology,” said Chris Clawson, president, Life Fitness. “LFopen puts Life Fitness at the frontier of fitness technology and working with these influential fitness app developers allows us to bring Life Fitness equipment to its full potential.”
Life Fitness is the first fitness equipment manufacturer to open portions of its product platform, allowing developers access so third-parties, including fitness facilities, can create applications that work directly with Life Fitness equipment.
The two new apps will allow exercisers to use their mobile devices to automatically log workout statistics such as time, distance and calories burned when their device is connected to Life Fitness equipment, eliminating the need for manual entry. The two apps introducing Life Fitness integration at CES are:
- runtastic. The runtastic app is designed to help exercisers track their sports activities and connect with friends who are also using the app. Users can then create profiles on runtastic.com to cheer friends on, share photos, keep track of exercise stats, log run or biking routes and more. runtastic’s integration with Life Fitness and new fitness hardware offerings will be on display at the runtastic booth, South Hall 26508.
- Wahoo Fitness. Wahoo Fitness is a running and cycling app that tracks fitness data from Wahoo sensor products like the Wahoo Run/Gym Pack, Blue HR Strap, Balance iPhone-powered Scale and KICKR PowerTrainer. With Life Fitness integration, Wahoo Fitness users will be able to track data from their indoor cardio workouts, in addition to their outdoor workouts. The Wahoo Fitness app for Life Fitness will be on display at the Wahoo Fitness booth, South Hall 26525.
Both apps will be on display and available for testing in each respective booth on a Life Fitness Elevation Series Discover SE treadmill. Their integration with LFopen will be released following CES and will be available via an app update on users’ mobile devices.
For more information about LFopen, the Elevation Series Discover SE treadmill and Life Fitness, visit www.lifefitness.com.
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment. The company manufactures and sells strength and cardiovascular equipment under the brand names Life Fitness and Hammer Strength and distributes its equipment in more than 120 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago, in Schiller Park, Ill., Life Fitness is a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- Cloud Computing Takes Not-for-Profits to New Heights
- M, comme Microsoft, M comme... Minable !
- Dell Delivers Connected Security Vision with Innovative Solutions and Capabilities
- The Enthusiastic Employee: How Companies Profit by Giving Workers What They Want (2nd Ed) Book Review
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Cloud Expo Silicon Valley: Big Data Analytics with Google Cloud Platform
- File Sharing +1 : Harnessing Google’s Cloud Collaboration Architecture
- Brightlink Chooses Net Optics Director Pro to Raise Performance Levels
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?