|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 11:15 PM EST||
MIAMI, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The third Saturday of January is once again time for the annual Redland Riot Road Rallye, a fruity tropical history tour and scavenger hunt of sorts through Miami's bountiful countryside hosted by Robert and Robin Burr.
Everyone's invited to join this mad-capped adventure for treasure -- a car caravan visiting some of the best places to load up on goodies in the Redland Region. Participants are instructed to gather at Cauley Square on US1 at SW 224 Street -- the first of 10 stops on the self-guided tour -- between 10:00 and 11:00 AM Saturday morning, January 19. Each road rallye team can register for $10 per car to receive a map and driving directions, as well as a series of quirky questions to be answered along the way.
Enjoy brunch at Cauley Square, visit the antique shops or just relax in the shady open plazas of this lush, historic village of arts and crafts shops. After finding clues in the vicinity, adventurers take off for the next destination, Burr's Berry Farm on Hainlin Mill Drive, where they'll find strawberries, ice cream, milk shakes and lots of other goodies from this pioneer family-owned farm and fruit stand. Subsequent stops include Phil's Berry Farm, Knaus Berry Farm, the Fruit And Spice Park, R.F. Orchids, the Hotel Redland, the Florida Pioneer Museum, Robert Is Here fruit stand and Schnebly Redland's Winery.
Along the way, participants will find answers to the questions -- while collecting exotic delicacies, tropical fruits and vegetables, fresh baked goods, orchids, wines, fruity milkshakes, jellies, jams, preserves -- and more.
At the winery, road rallye teams gather to turn in the answers to their questions. Winning teams will receive gift certificates as prizes.
Rob's Redland Riot Road Rallye is open to all who wish to participate. Families, civic clubs, car clubs, foodies and adventurers are welcome. Load up your car with friends, bring along some cash and prepare to enjoy this day-long escapade and leisurely drive through the countryside.
Your host is Robert Adams Burr, a local historian, publisher and tour guide who enjoys sharing his knowledge of local places. Robert's web site at RedlandRiot.com was designed to help locals and tourists take their own self-guided tour of the Redland Region anytime.
The Redland Riot Road Rallye website has more information about the event, with a bit of local history and folk tales about these delightful and charming stops along the way.
SOURCE Redland Riot Road Rallye
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?