|By Marketwired .||
|January 11, 2013 07:30 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/11/13 -- BetterCloud today announced a $5 million Series A round of financing led by David Aronoff of Flybridge Capital Partners, an early-stage firm that focuses on enterprise and consumer infrastructure investing with offices in New York City and Boston. Also participating in the round are New York based Greycroft Partners and TriBeCa Venture Partners with continued support from existing investors Bear Creek Capital and BLH Venture Partners. The Series A raise brings BetterCloud's total funding to $7.2 million.
BetterCloud is the leading provider of cloud management tools for Google Apps and since launching in the Google Apps Marketplace six months ago has seen unprecedented adoption of its flagship management and security application, FlashPanel. The platform empowers Google Apps administrators by providing added controls, visibility, automation and more, ultimately accelerating the adoption of Google Apps. The company has already acquired more than 15,000 customers with 5.5 million end-users worldwide, making FlashPanel the fastest growing tool for Google Apps of all time. Funding will be used to expand sales, marketing and product development efforts to support and fuel FlashPanel adoption.
"BetterCloud is accelerating the adoption of cloud platforms like Google Apps and we're thrilled to play a part," said Mr. Aronoff, who will be joining BetterCloud's board of directors. "It's rare you see a company make so much progress in its first year and based on the continued growth of Google Apps, we see a long term need for the tools BetterCloud provides."
"We're excited and fortunate to have investors on board that really understand the Google Apps ecosystem and believe in our long term vision of becoming the Norton Utilities for Google Apps," said David Politis, Founder and CEO of BetterCloud. "2012 was a great first year and this year we're looking forward to building on FlashPanel's foundation by expanding its powerful feature set to service more of the Google Enterprise Cloud."
BetterCloud is the leading provider of cloud management and security tools for Google Apps. FlashPanel, its flagship product, used by over 15,000 companies and 5.5 million users worldwide, is a directory management and Google Drive security application that empowers Google Apps administrators by providing added controls, visibility, automation and more. BetterCloud also powers Ask the Gooru, which provides free Google Apps training videos and aims to further the adoption of Google Apps. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit www.bettercloud.com.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?