|By Marketwired .||
|January 12, 2013 02:41 PM EST||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/12/13 -- The Calgary Social Media Breakfast (SMBYYC) is pleased to announce Tim Shaw as the January SMBYYC speaker:
Digital Advocacy: Storytelling that builds champions and ignites movements
Every non-profit is full of incredible stories. How do you tell these in a way that helps you achieve your objectives? Tim Shaw of Amplifi will discuss how non-profits can use social media for engaging storytelling that builds community and embraces ambassadors - by using an advocacy approach that helps you make good happen.
Post discussion, Tim will answer audience questions in an interactive Q&A.
Seating is limited. Please RSVP at http://www.amiando.com/smbyyc36
About the Event
When: Friday, January 18, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (i)presentation will begin at 9:05 am
Where: WURST Calgary
2437 - 4th Street S.W.
Registration: To register, visit (http://www.amiando.com/smbyyc36)
Cost: There is no fee to attend a Social Media Breakfast.
Parking: Street parking is free until 9am. To give you the opportunity to pay for parking, presentation will begin at 9:05 am. It is recommended that you do NOT park in the Safeway lot as they do monitor the parking lot.
About the Guest Speaker:
Tim Shaw http://amplifi.ca
Tim leads the online engagement and digital advocacy practice for Amplifi, where he provides expert advice and strategy for connecting with audiences through social media tools.
Tim works with his team to develop engaging communications for inspired change focused on making good happen through advocacy, digital advocacy and corporate social responsibility.
A frequent speaker on social media and digital advocacy, Tim is a champion of the benefits of social media for business, non-profit and healthcare, and has helped leaders of those sectors learn about the benefits of social media through his speaking at national conferences, bootcamps and in boardrooms.
A believer in the value of education, Tim has been a guest speaker for the Durham College Public Relations Program where he lectured on Social Media for Media Relations. After being selected as the favourite guest speaker by the students in Durham College's Public Relations program the college decided to hire Tim as a contract instructor last year for its Social Media & Web Principles course.
Please Support Our Generous Sponsors
Venue Sponsor - WURST Calgary
Geoff Gobert http://www.wurst.ca
Breakfast Sponsor - Elevate Auction
Elevate Auction http://www.elevateauctions.com
We Invite You To Become A SMBYYC Sponsor
For about $350, your organization can get some fantastic exposure at the events and online. It is an inexpensive way to get quality back links to your website.
The SMBYYC houses an open environment to share today's best and worst examples of social media, as practiced by individuals, industries and organizations in Calgary and around the world. Guest speakers share their experience and expertise of social media use, followed by an opportunity to network with a community of like-minded individuals.
Please follow @SMBYYC and the SMBYYC Twitter list. This will allow you to connect with all Calgary Social Media Breakfast followers.
Interested in Sponsoring or Presenting - please reach out SMBYYC committee:
Donna McTaggart: @donnamct @CalgFolkClub
Mike Spear: @mikesgene
Kevin Hayes: @kevinhayesca
Catherine Saykaly-Stevens: @CalgaryNetworks @CalgarySingles
Heather Isley: @HeatherIlsley
Des Nwaerondu: @AdvisorDes
Crystal DeCnodder: @Pistol_Crystal
To add your name to mailing list:
Email your email address to: email@example.com
(You will receive email with a link to the #SMBYYC Press Release to sign up)
Calgary Social Media Breakfast
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?