|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2013 07:30 AM EST||
ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- Cloud Sherpas has acquired Navigis, a leading global provider of advisory and technology consulting services to companies implementing ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW); terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition allows Cloud Sherpas, which has strong footholds in cloud advisory, messaging, collaboration and CRM, to expand its market and geographic footprints and capitalize on global interest among enterprise organizations in cloud ITSM.
Cloud Sherpas' customers -- now over 5,000 worldwide -- are transitioning to cloud solutions from on-premise applications. These companies recognize the cost and productivity benefits of cloud software and want more of it. Acquiring Navigis allows Cloud Sherpas to meet this need by offering current as well as prospective customers the leading cloud ITSM solution. The acquisition also furthers Cloud Sherpas' mission to provide best-of-breed cloud solutions to the enterprise as a leading Cloud Services Brokerage (CSB).
"Our number one job is listening to customers and providing them with the services they need to grow their businesses," said David Northington, president and CEO at Cloud Sherpas. "Many of our customers have expressed an interest in cloud ITSM software, and acquiring Navigis -- a strong operation that's generating good profit and has doubled in size year over year -- boosts our ability to support these companies. Between Google, Salesforce.com and ServiceNow, we're establishing a 'Sherpa stack' of the top cloud solutions."
Navigis has been a leader in IT Service Management since 1996. The company's certified ServiceNow consultants provide value-added implementations, custom enhancements, administrative support and training to help ServiceNow customers automate their IT operations. Navigis clients include a roster of Fortune 500 enterprise IT customers and other leading edge companies. Navigis founder and CEO Philip Sidebottom will become president of Cloud Sherpas' ServiceNow business unit with the acquisition.
"We're thrilled to be joining Cloud Sherpas," said Sidebottom. "The ITSM space and cloud in general are poised for massive growth. As part of the leading CSB, our customers will benefit greatly from Cloud Sherpas global scale and ability to aggregate multiple best-in-breed cloud applications, implement and integrate those applications, and customize them to meet the unique requirements of an industry or business."
"Navigis has long been a trusted partner for ServiceNow and has provided considerable value to customers," said David Schneider, senior vice president of worldwide sales and services, ServiceNow. "We look forward to continued success working with the new organization."
"In cloud computing, the need for intermediaries to aggregate, integrate or customize cloud services grows as the number of cloud services and the rate of consumer adoption grow," says Tiffani Bova, Research VP at Gartner in her November 2012 report, Service Provider Primer: Cloud Services Brokerage. "Cloud services brokerages (CSBs), will help organizations adopt and derive more value from multiple cloud services during the next five to 10 years."
About Cloud Sherpas
Cloud Sherpas, the Google Enterprise 2011 Partner of the Year and a Platinum salesforce.com Partner, is one of the world's leading cloud services brokerages. Since 2007, the company has helped over 5,000 customers adopt, manage and enhance cloud solutions from Google, salesforce.com, ServiceNow and other leading cloud vendors. Whether working with a global retailer to help them make their business more connected and collaborative with Google Apps or helping a financial services firm deploy Sales Cloud and Service Cloud to better manage their customer relationships, Cloud Sherpas has the experience and expertise to help organizations leverage the cloud and respond with agility to the rapid consumerization of IT. Cloud Sherpas is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices throughout the United States and operations in Australia, Dubai, India, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information visit www.cloudsherpas.com.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?