|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Two leaders in small business empowerment, AppDirect and the Small Business Web, are teaming up to launch the Small Business Web Directory, both organizations announced today. A feature-rich, web-based application marketplace, the new Small Business Web Directory utilizes open APIs to deliver an integrated software experience to small business owners, giving them access to robust software solutions without the high cost or hassle. The Small Business Web Directory is now one of the most comprehensive online resources for innovative software solutions developed to meet the needs of SMB business owners.
A registered non-profit trade association, the Small Business Web is dedicated to helping small businesses grow and thrive by connecting them with innovative cloud-based software. Founded in 2009, the group is backed by leaders from Google, Intuit, Constant Contact, and other pioneering technology companies. Powered by AppDirect, the leading cloud services marketplace company, the new Directory offers almost 200 applications in a range of categories -- including accounting, human resources, email marketing, and more -- to help small businesses manage their operations more effectively.
"At AppDirect, we believe that a company's size should never be a barrier to its success, especially when it comes to technology," said Daniel Saks, president and co-CEO of AppDirect. "Through our partnership with the Small Business Web, we're able to help small businesses find, try and buy the best applications for their companies."
"AppDirect not only provides an open platform that makes applications easier to find and manage, but the company also shares our core values and commitment to small businesses," added Pamela O'Hara, Chair of the Small Business Web and CEO of Batchbook. "With AppDirect, we've been able to grow the number of applications we offer from just five to almost 200. We're very proud of that progress, and we look forward to even more growth in the future."
The Small Business Web Directory Expands the Reach of Application Developers
The Small Business Web Directory gives developers the opportunity to showcase their products and expand their reach to small business customers worldwide. Using the AppDirect platform, developers can integrate their applications once and automatically make them available in multiple marketplaces around the world. The platform also allows them to easily manage their apps across these marketplaces and bundle multiple products together, increasing their appeal to end-user customers.
"Great applications make great application marketplaces, which is why helping developers succeed is so important to us," said Saks. "For developers, the Small Business Web Directory presents a great opportunity to help them stand out from the competition and reach millions of potential customers around the globe."
The new Directory utilizes open APIs to create an open platform for business applications. This not only makes it easier for developers to integrate their applications, but also facilitates better functionality for end users. "Enterprise software can be incredibly restrictive, which can make it more difficult for small businesses to manage their companies," O'Hara said. "That's why we've made it a point to encourage open development standards."
Joseph Fung, CEO of TribeHR, an application that simplifies human resources management for small and medium-sized businesses, added: "Our application is tailor-made for SMBs, so the Small Business Web Directory is an ideal way to reach more customers who are looking for exactly the type of software that we have to offer. The Directory is a win for everyone involved."
For more information about the Small Business Web Directory, visit: directory.thesmallbusinessweb.com
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. Its award-winning platform connects businesses, brands, and developers through a global network of partner marketplaces. Based in San Francisco, AppDirect powers the marketplaces of trusted companies around the globe -- including Deutsche Telekom, Rackspace, Swisscom, Bell Canada, Appcelerator, and more -- and has helped millions of businesses discover, buy, and manage the best cloud-based software and services.
About the Small Business Web
Founded in 2009, The Small Business Web is the trade association for cloud-based software for small businesses. The idea began, like many things, with a friendly chat between like-minded folks and an alliance was formed. With every additional company that joins the Small Business Web, the dream expands: one small step for the Internet, one giant step for small businesses. Today, the Small Business Web claims nearly 200 member companies who are working together to make the Open Web the best place to build, find and sell software for small businesses.
877-404-APPS ext. 419
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?