|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- Nimble Storage, the leading provider of flash-optimized hybrid storage solutions, today announced that Virtacore Systems, a leading cloud services provider that specializes in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware, has made the Nimble Storage CS-Series a core element of its cloud infrastructure framework.
With over 12 years of experience in cloud and internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud solutions to meet the needs of clients at the mid-market and enterprise levels. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and Ashburn, as well as facilities in Virginia, Illinois and California, Virtacore maintains a strong presence in the U.S. and serves clients across the globe.
Demand for Virtacore's cloud services has been growing rapidly. Virtacore was seeking a new solution that would provide faster deployment and better scalability for its popular suite of cloud offerings. The Nimble Storage scale-to-fit architecture enabled Virtacore to build an efficient and high-performance foundation for delivering Infrastructure as a Service and accelerate its clients' journey to the cloud.
- Leveraging Nimble Storage's Scale to Fit architecture, Virtacore has decreased customer onboarding times and improved efficiencies in its infrastructure.
- Using the high-performing Nimble Storage CS-Series, Virtacore expanded its cloud services offering to include large databases and performance-oriented workloads, including business intelligence as well as Oracle and SQL Server-based transactional databases, thus expanding its opportunities for growth.
- Nimble Storage's Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout (CASL) architecture enabled a 50 percent reduction of Virtacore's data footprint without any loss in performance -- substantially reducing facility costs and power consumption.
- Nimble Storage and its SmartStack eco-system of partners offer a complete portfolio for building efficient and scalable enterprise-class cloud services for application development and testing, backup, collaboration, desktop, disaster recovery, infrastructure, messaging and storage.
- "... the Nimble Storage solution provides all of the performance and operating metrics we demand to maintain our competitive advantage in the exploding cloud-services market."
Phill Lawson-Shanks, CTO, Virtacore
- "Despite our best efforts to find weaknesses, the Nimble Storage systems consistently performed above, and far beyond, our expectations."
Matt Tedder, Engineering Team Leader, Virtacore
- "Nimble Storage is committed to building successful partnerships with the service provider community and helping them succeed. Virtacore is a great use-case on how the SmartStack eco-system delivers highly scalable and efficient ROI."
Suresh Vasudevan, CEO, Nimble Storage
- Customer Case Study: Virtacore Standardizes on Cisco, VMware, and Nimble Storage to Deliver World-Class Public and Private Cloud Services: http://www.nimblestorage.com/customers/virtacore.php
- Cisco Unleashing IT: Virtacore -- Brokering the Cloud: www.unleashingit.com/go/?EJK4
- Blog: Suresh Vasudevan, CEO, Nimble Storage on "Cloud Service Providers: Opportunity or Threat?": http://www.nimblestorage.com/blog/?p=5302
- Nimble Storage Solution Brief: Cloud Services Powered by Nimble Storage: http://info.nimblestorage.com/rs/nimblestorage/images/nimblestorage-sb-cloud-service-provider.pdf
- Follow Nimble Storage on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NimbleStorage
- Follow Virtacore on Twitter: www.twitter.com/virtacore
- Join the Nimble Storage Group on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=4437204
- View Nimble Storage videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NimbleStorage
- Visit Nimble Storage on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nimble-Storage/141648999232866
About Virtacore Systems
Virtacore is a leading cloud services provider that specializes in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware. With over 12 years of experience in cloud and internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud solutions to meet the needs of clients. The Virtacore service offerings include complete cloud solutions and platforms, disaster recovery solutions as well as Google Apps implementation and integration. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and Ashburn, as well as facilities in Virginia, Illinois and California, Virtacore maintains a strong presence in the US and serves clients across the globe. Currently owned by Ikano, a $60 Million technology services company, has enabled Virtacore to maintain a strong financial position and take full advantage of the support and backing of Insight Venture Partners, a private equity firm with over $9 Billion under management and a portfolio that includes brands such as Twitter and Yelp. For more information visit Virtacore on the web at: www.virtacore.com.
About Nimble Storage
Nimble Storage believes enterprises should not have to compromise on performance, capacity, ease of use, or price. Nimble has developed the first hybrid storage architecture engineered from the ground up to seamlessly integrate flash and high-capacity drives. Our customers enjoy as much as 10x faster application performance, enhanced backup and disaster recovery, and stress-free operations -- all while lowering their TCO. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners. For more information, visit www.nimblestorage.com and follow us on Twitter: @nimblestorage.
©Nimble Storage and CASL are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nimble Storage. Other trade names or words used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- DataStax Announces New Startup Program Offering Free Software, as Well as Free Training Courses for Cassandra Users and New Developer Tool
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?