|By Marketwired .||
|January 23, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- Swipp launches the world's first social intelligence platform with applications designed to take every day social expressions and turn them into a new type of living, social data. With Swipp, people can get rich information about any topic in the world, learning and participating in the conversation while tracking what the world thinks about that topic in real-time.
Swipp believes that the collective knowledge of the social graph is of extreme value as it represents what everyone is thinking at any particular time. When collected, aggregated and displayed, that information creates a better-informed world.
"For the first time in human history, we have over a billion people connected to each other, which has produced an enormous amount of data but very little insight," said Don Thorson, CEO and co-founder of Swipp.
"Our goal at Swipp is to take all the ideas, thoughts and comments that are currently being lost and bring them together in meaningful new ways that can be used by people, businesses and developers alike."
Swipp For People
Swipp has iPhone, web and mobile web apps that let people say what they think about something and instantly find out what the rest of the world thinks about that same topic. But beyond that -- and more importantly -- Swipp is a social intelligence platform that moves the act of sharing your thoughts and ideas through social media from a flat, linear experience to a deep, knowledge-centric experience fueled by users from all over the world.
Swipp's consumer applications let you search among millions of topics, speak your mind and simply "swipp it." Your comments enter a social stream around that topic so you can see what other people say, how they're reacting to a topic, and even photos that they're uploading around that topic. The data is available in real-time as well as over time, so you can see how people swipped at any point. You can also filter the information by friends, location, age and gender.
Swipp For Businesses
Swipp is also launching Swipp Plus, which brings the global social conversation directly to any website or application. Instead of sending visitors out to secondary platforms, businesses gather information locally so reaction to their content or products remain on their website.
Swipp Plus widgets bring businesses added content and customer engagement by letting visitors view the "living information" while also letting them join the conversation around the specified topic. The Swipp platform pulls in data from all Swipp sources, resulting in a global, aggregated view of what the world thinks of their brand, product or content.
Swipp For Developers
Swipp is architected with an open API that will enable developers to integrate social intelligence directly into their existing products or create entirely new applications on their own -- unlocking a new layer of insight while adding immediate value to their customers. All current Swipp products are built on this architecture, and third party developers will be able to request access to the APIs later in the year.
The Global Nature of Swipp
Social media has no borders, so neither does Swipp. At launch, the app and platform will be available in five languages: English, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. The Swipp app is pre-populated with millions of terms, which will be reconciled across the languages to allow for a real global experience, and an aggregated global view off that topic.
To make sure that the experience is also authentically local, Swipp has engaged an on-the-ground network of social ambassadors in the US, UK, Germany, Brazil, Spain, Portugal and France who will ensure that local topics and trends are accurately represented.
How to get Swipp
Swipp is available for the iPhone and is also available as a rich web-based experience. You can download the iPhone app from the Apple App Store or go to www.swipp.com to start swipping from your computer.
Swipp is a social intelligence platform that merges social expression with traditional knowledge to create a new type of living, social intelligence around every topic in the world. The company was founded in 2011 by Don Thorson, Charlie Costantini and Ramani Narayan, and is funded by Old Willow Partners.
For more information, please visit www.swipp.com
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2208234
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?