|By RealWire News Distribution||
|January 30, 2013 01:13 AM EST||
Kilgraston School was getting more spam than genuine email
iomartcloud, one of the UK's leading suppliers of business critical hosted cloud services, is helping one of the UK's top independent schools to stop its staff and pupils being inundated by spam email.
Kilgraston School, a Scottish boarding and day school for girls in Scotland which was voted Independent School of the Year, turned to iomartcloud after Google withdrew all of Postini's services from the market in August of last year.
Gavin Muirhead, ICT Manager at Kilgraston School, says, "We didn't want to use the replacement service Google Apps because we didn't have the bandwidth. We were already running things like Exchange in-house, so we chose iomartcloud's spam filtering after it was recommended by our IT support company, Pinnacle Technology Group."
iomartcloud provides reliable cloud-based filtering for the email accounts of over 400 pupils and staff at Kilgraston School.
Gavin Muirhead continues, "Historically we were getting more spam than actual email. We no longer have to trawl through hundreds of emails to find the one that's important. iomartcloud's mail filtering is efficient to the point that I don't have to pay any attention to it. It just gets on with its job and I get on with mine."
The email filtering from iomartcloud is a state-of-the-art solution which is managed from a simple web-accessed Control Panel. It can be tailored to apply varying filtering levels, creating bespoke policies and applying those policies to groups of users. These features allow organisations to tighten the filter for some users in a domain, such as pupils in a school environment.
Bill Strain, Director of iomartcloud, says, "Teachers want to spend their time focusing on teaching their pupils, not wading through massive amounts of unwanted email. Over 90% of email sent is spam of some description, so it's important for schools to have an effective anti-spam solution in place. It not only stops spam for staff and pupils, it also prevents harmful malware as well."
Kilgraston School was voted UK Independent School of the Year 2011, with judges praising it as "an example to other schools. It is a Catholic independent boarding and day school for girls between the ages of 2½ and 18 based in Perthshire, Scotland.
iomartcloud is part of iomart Group plc (AIM:IOM), which is one of the UK's leading cloud computing companies. iomartcloud is exhibiting on Stand E340 at the educational technology BETT Show at Excel London between January 30 and February 2.
Notes to editors
iomartcloud delivers business-critical cloud solutions for service providers of all sizes - from small niche specialists to large multinationals. Its range of cloud service solutions suits any market and any provider from consumer to ISP.
iomartcloud is part of AIM listed iomart Group plc, one of the UK's leading providers of managed hosting and cloud computing services. From a single server through to complex private cloud networks, iomart specialises in the delivery and management of mission-critical hosting services, enabling customers to reduce the costs, complexity and risks associated with maintaining their own web and online applications.
For more information about iomart cloud visit www.iomartcloud.com
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?