|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 07:28 PM EST||
Layer 7 Technologies, a provider of API management and mobilization tools for the new open enterprise, today announced it has been named a Leader by Forrester Research Inc. in its new report, “The Forrester Wave™: API Management Platforms, Q1 2013.”
Layer 7 was part of a select list of companies invited by Forrester Research to participate in its Forrester Wave Report: API Management Platforms, Q1 2013. In the report, Forrester describes API management as valuable because “APIs create and unlock the business value of data.”
Based on fifteen pieces of criteria, including API consumer experience, integration capabilities with various back-end and third-party systems, analytics and monitoring features, Layer 7 was listed as a Leader and given the highest score for its current offering.
In the report, Layer 7 is described as having “showed sophistication in its SOA-derived solution while offering solid solutions for new API management challenges.”
The report goes on to say, “Layer 7 has strong features and has a commanding market presence. Layer 7 has deep roots in the XML gateway marketplace but has moved aggressively into API management. Technical adopters will find a lot of depth to Layer 7’s service management capabilities, including a variety of deployment options, sophisticated traffic shaping and routing capabilities, and extensive connectivity to existing enterprise systems. These gateway features work well for customers that need to build a RESTful infrastructure on top of an existing ESB layer or transpose existing services to make them friendlier to Open Web developers. Layer 7’s more recent investments focus on a flexible developer portal driven by a web content management system (CMS) and a mobile backend-as-a-service (BaaS). The combined offering has something for API administrators and owners alike.”
“We believe this ranking by Forrester is a validation of the work and expertise we have invested in creating the most enterprise and carrier friendly API management solution in the market,” said Dimitri Sirota, co-founder and chief strategy officer at Layer 7. “In terms of integration, connectivity, security and the overall API experience, we feel our product has consistently shown that it rises to the top and delivers everything organizations need for developing a successful API management strategy for mobile, cloud, partners and developer access.”
Layer 7 also received the highest ranking in terms of market presence, which is based on revenue, customers and consulting.
Forrester previously named Layer 7 a leader in the area of SOA Application Gateways in Q4, 20111. An SOA application gateway sits as a control and adaptation point for application services exposed through APIs.
To get a courtesy copy of the Q1, 2013 Forrester Wave on API Management Platforms, please visit: http://layer7.com/fw13.
About Layer 7 Technologies
Layer 7 provides API building blocks for the new open enterprise. The company’s products help nearly 300 organizations worldwide open APIs to developer communities, securely connect applications to cloud services, expose internal information assets to mobile apps and bridge departments and partners through SOA style integration. The company was named the 183rd fastest growing public or private technology company in 2012 by Deloitte.
1. Randy Heffner with Alex Cullen, Lauren Blackburn, “The Forrester Wave™: SOA Application Gateways, Q4 2011,” Forester Research, November 18, 2011.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?