|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2013 10:49 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software, a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA Governance solutions, will address the audience of Apps World 2013 on February 7th and 8th in San Francisco. Mr. Farquharson's sessions offer insight and best practices into enterprise APIs, the critical back-end interfaces that power many of today's most popular mobile apps. With over 5,000 attendees anticipated, Apps World 2013 is one of the world's largest conferences dedicated to the growing mobile app market segment.
"Mobile apps are exploding as a category, driving us quickly to the future of all computing," said Mr. Farquharson. "With bring-your-own-device policies proliferating and a vast increase in the scope of mobile platforms available, we are seeing a more urgent need for API management than ever before. Enterprise mobile apps hit back-end systems. Those systems need to have their APIs well governed. That's where we come in."
In his session, "How Does My Enterprise API Platform Differ From Facebook, Twitter and Netflix?" Mr. Farquharson will discuss the impact of the new API economy and how enterprises are making business applications available through APIs to drive business growth and expose new opportunities. He will explore "appification" and the innovation model of the open API, including the issue of why community is essential for success with enterprise-grade APIs. With "Best Practices of API Management," Mr. Farquharson will review proven practices that ensure optimal business outcomes through APIs without inadvertently creating security and system management problems or running up unsustainable costs. In particular, this session will focus on how effective management of enterprise APIs actually begins at the planning and design stages of the API lifecycle and evolves through sharing and production.
Alistair Farquharson is a visionary industry veteran focused on using disruptive technologies to drive business growth and improve efficiency and agility within organizations. As the CTO of SOA Software, Alistair is helping to shape and mature the enterprise API and SOA industry. Alistair is responsible for product strategy and development for this leading Enterprise API and SOA Governance company. He spends a great deal of time and energy shaping customer and industry direction with regular conference keynote appearances, discussions with customers, and even the occasional foray into writing code. Alistair has been at the forefront of many technology waves from enterprise web architecture, through web services and SOA, and now into APIs. His expertise spans a wide range of technologies and businesses, and he brings a unique global focus to everything he does.
Apps World is returning to North America in 2013 for two days of engagement and high level insight and discussion around one of the largest growing industries -- mobile apps. The conference will be taking place in San Francisco on February 7th-8th 2013 at the Moscone Center. Over 5,000 developers, mobile marketers, mobile operators, device manufacturers, platform owners and industry professionals are expected to attend.
Dates and Times for Alistair Farquharson's Sessions
- "How Does My Enterprise API Platform Differ From Facebook, Twitter and Netflix?"
- Thursday, Feb. 7, 12:00 - 12:30 PM - Enterprise Zone
- "Best Practices of API Management"
- Friday, Feb. 8 - 12:10-12:40 PM - Technical Briefing Room
Enabling the API Economy
The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is the first solution to address enterprise requirements across the entire API lifecycle, with planning, development, runtime and community management capabilities. The Enterprise API Platform provides a rich set of API Management capabilities to ensure the security, performance and availability of APIs, together with a social developer community solution for promoting and supporting the APIs and driving developer adoption. It provides end-to-end management of the API lifecycle, helping you make sure that you build the right APIs, build them the right way, and make sure that they are behaving correctly. The Enterprise API Platform is available as an on-premise software solution, as-a-service, via an Open developer community as-a-service, or using a combination of any of these options. For example, a customer could choose to run the lifecycle management components of the solution as on-premises software, use the commercial PaaS offering to host and manage their APIs, and federate with the Open developer community to publish their public APIs to an established group of App developers.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA governance products that enable customers to plan, build, run and share enterprise services and APIs. The world's largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software products to harness the power of their technology and transform their businesses. Gartner placed SOA Software in the Leaders Quadrant for the 2011 "Magic Quadrant for SOA Governance Technologies." The company is also recognized as a "Leader" in the Forrester Research Waves for Integrated SOA Governance, SOA Management, and SOA Life Cycle Management. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
SOA Software, Community Manager, Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Repository Manager, Service Manager, API Manager, and SOLA are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?