|By Marketwired .||
|February 8, 2013 04:36 PM EST||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/13 -- The Calgary Social Media Breakfast (SMBYYC) is pleased to announce Jeff Nelson and Joel Olandesca as the February SMBYYC speakers:
Pinterest - Falling Down at Rabbit Hole
If you are a "Pinner", you know what it's like. If not, welcome to the wacky world of Pinterest. During this presentation, Jeff Nelson will challenge you to explore pinning, re-pinning, commenting, linking, and integrating boards. He will also give you some tips and tricks on how to use Pinterest for your business.
Instagram - (mobile) Photography - That's Quite the Phone You Have Attached To Your Camera!
We've all taken a pic or two with our smartphone. You press a button, edit it (maybe), then post it for the world to see - so what's the big deal? During his talk, Joel Olandesca will open a film can of worms as he talks about how this form of photography has emerged, where it's at today and where it's possibly headed. Is it even headed somewhere...or is it just a fad, like the internets?
Post discussion, Jeff and Joel will answer audience questions in an interactive Q&A.
Seating is limited. Please RSVP at http://www.amiando.com/smbyyc37
About the Event
When: Friday, February 15, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (i)presentation will begin at 9:05 am
Where: Melrose Cafe & Bar
730 - 17thAvenue S.W. (http://goo.gl/maps/d8NRi)
Registration: To register, visit (http://www.amiando.com/smbyyc37)
Cost: There is no fee to attend a Social Media Breakfast.
Parking: There is a paid parking lot in the back and street parking. The presentation will begin at 9:05 am to give everyone a chance to plug the appropriate street meters.
About the Guest Speakers:
Anduro Marketing is a Calgary based company that provides online marketing strategies designed to increase the visibility of a company and the products and services it offers. The goal with our clients is to drive traffic to their website and social media sites and then convert those visitors into either customers or qualified leads. This is done through effective online marketing strategies, expert web page design, and thorough understanding of marketing analytics. He is also a Social Media instructor at Instructor U of C and at SAIT.
Joel Olandesca is more than a mortgage planner. A graphic designer by trade, his experience in the world of design and marketing has allowed him to experience the cool world of photography. He's no expert, but his curiosity has really pushed him into learning more about (mobile) photography and connecting with the large community that have explored this method of sharing pictures. He looks forward to sharing with you what he has discovered!
Mortgage Specialist, Mortgage Architects
Please Support Our Generous Sponsors
Venue Sponsor - Melrose Cafe & Bar
Melrose Cafe & Bar
Breakfast Sponsor - Wall2WallMedia
Melanie Gowans Senior Media Advisor, Calgary New Home Guide
We Invite You To Become A SMBYYC Sponsor
For about $350, your organization can get some fantastic exposure at the events and online. It is an inexpensive way to get quality back links to your website.
The SMBYYC houses an open environment to share today's best and worst examples of social media, as practiced by individuals, industries and organizations in Calgary and around the world. Guest speakers share their experience and expertise of social media use, followed by an opportunity to network with a community of like-minded individuals.
Please follow @SMBYYC and the SMBYYC Twitter list. This will allow you to connect with all Calgary Social Media Breakfast followers.
Interested in Sponsoring or Presenting - please reach out SMBYYC committee:
Donna McTaggart: @donnamct @CalgFolkClub
Mike Spear: @mikesgene
Kevin Hayes: @kevinhayesca
Catherine Saykaly-Stevens: @CalgaryNetworks @CalgarySingles
Heather Ilsley: @HeatherIlsley
Des Nwaerondu: @AdvisorDes
Crystal DeCnodder: @Pistol_Crystal
To add your name to mailing list:
Email your email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(You will receive email with a link to the #SMBYYC Press Release to sign up)
Calgary Social Media Breakfast
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?