|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 12:45 PM EST||
VISTA, Calif., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eco Building Products, Inc., (OTCQB: ECOB) announced today the release of The Shield - a Red Shield Foundation Publication - replacing the previous digital platform formerly known as ECOB World News. This online digital publication has proven to be a first in the Lumber Industry. Utilizing both web-based and interactive social media platforms, the Company continues to set the pace in showing the world a new way to build defensively. The Shield is comprised of the latest highlights in Company news; feature stories from the Company's activities around the globe; a Builder Spotlight focused on a specific company or professional who has embraced the latest in defensive building technology; and outreach efforts the Company has engaged in. To view The Shield, please visit this link: http://issuu.com/ecobworldnews/docs/the_shield_february_2013?mode=window.
In addition to the debut release of The Shield, Conboy and Team Eco continue in the pursuit of bringing "Defensive Building Practices" to the forefront of every Industry Professional's thought process. Discussion items include topics such as: earthquakes, wood fiber strength, and the infamous termites and wood rot. This forum created by Eco is focused on education first, and as captured by the digital magazines model platform, additional modes of creating change stem from cultivating relationships with supporting industries and professionals often impacted as a result of a failure to embrace building defensively. "As the founder of this Company, I knew one day we would get somebody to listen. The sad part is it took another radical storm like Sandy to finally get someone's attention, and it only comes from the people hurt by the storms, and the firefighters and first responders that work so emphatically to save lives and protect property. I have been calling on the architects, engineers and production builders now for over eight years to try and teach them that we have to embrace new ways of building; for the most part none have listened because it's more about the price of the building than solving the problems they all know exist," says Steve Conboy, President/CEO, Eco Building Products, Inc.
As a result of the collaboration between Eco and the Professional Fire Community; this Tuesday, February 12th, the Company will break ground on a new training platform at the Oceanside Fire Department Training Facility in Oceanside, CA. Eco's Conboy and Oceanside Fire Department Battalion Chief of Training Joe Ward, with the support of Steve Cassidy the President of the FDNY Union are now working on developing new ways to teach new and old construction foreman "Defensive Building Practices," designed to protect themselves and the people who live in wood framed buildings. This state of the art training platform has been designed specifically for teaching new Fire Recruits the difference between panelized roofs, engineered I-Joist floors, solid lumber floors, open web floors trusses and light gauge roof trusses. Additional training evolutions include the controlled burn of a wood-framed building featuring raw I-Joists next to Eco's floor trusses built with Class-A fire rated lumber.
Rounding out the educational approach as designed by Eco's Conboy is the soon to launch online education platform called, The Institute of Defensive Building Practices. This platform will offer online courses to a wide variety of audiences including, firefighters and first responders from around the U.S., and even homeowners that want to know how to ask the right questions of their contractor. To visit the Institute's homepage, please visit this link: http://www.idbp.org.
About Eco Building Products, Inc.
Eco Building Products, Inc. is a manufacturer of proprietary wood products treated with an eco-friendly proprietary chemistry that protects against fire, mold/mycotoxins, fungus, rot-decay, wood ingesting insects and termites with ECOB WoodSurfaceFilm™ and FRC™ technology (Fire Retardant Coating). Eco Building products, "Eco Red Shield" utilizing patent pending technology is the ultimate in wood protection, preservation, and fire safety to building components constructed of wood; from joists, beams and paneling, to floors and ceilings.
Safe Harbor Statement: This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (the "Act"). In particular, when used in the preceding discussion, the words "believes," "expects," "intends," "plans," "anticipates," or "may," and similar conditional expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Act, and are subject to the safe harbor created by the Act. Any statements made in this news release other than those of historical fact, about an action, event or development, are forward-looking statements. Forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause the Company's actual results in future periods to be materially different from any future performance that may be suggested in this release. ECOB takes no obligation to update or correct forward-looking statements, and also takes no obligation to update or correct information prepared by third parties.
Investor Relations Contact
Arthur Douglas & Associates, Inc.
SOURCE Eco Building Products, Inc.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?