|By Shelly Palmer||
|February 15, 2013 03:31 PM EST||
Microsoft’s decision to keep Office away from iPad may be a good way to protect sales of Windows tablets but it’s also costing the company a pretty penny in terms of potential revenues. AppleInsider has picked up on some recent research from Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Holt showing that Microsoft is leaving $2.5 billion on the table every year by not bringing Office to Apple’s popular tablet. Some internal Microsoft documents leaked late last year suggested that Microsoft was finally developing a mobile version of Office for both iOS and Android, although the company has yet to make any announcements yet about bringing its popular productivity apps to rival mobile operating systems. There’s some added urgency for Microsoft to make its Office suite available on more mobile platforms since Google has recently started moving into its enterprise territory with its Google Apps productivity software.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?