|By Jerry Huang||
|February 18, 2013 12:45 PM EST||
Companies want to migrate data to cloud and work from cloud directly. However, they don’t have time to wait for the data migration to happen if it is taking a long time. Here is a typical conversation around data migration to the cloud.
Looking for Instant Access
“Can Gladinet work as a shared network drive for 20 users within my company? I want to have employees copy and edit files and folders in one centralized drive. For example, the drive would show up in the "My Computer" section of Windows. We don't want something that is only shareable via web sites through web browser. Also, is there lag time for when we drop files to the drive? We want instant access to the files once they are uploaded.” – A customer told us their story and the solution they are looking for.
Full Sync too Long
The customer then explained their existing solution and why it didn’t fit their requirement. “Our main problem with the other service we are testing now is that it took 20 minutes to upload 500MB of data, but then another 5 hours to sync or whatever it was doing so the files would show up on other computers.”
Direct Random Access v.s. Synchronization
In this case, the customer is looking for direct random access powered by a drive letter. Once the file is copied from local to cloud, the file shall be immediately available to other team users.
There are many sync-based cloud storage solutions out there. For sync-based solution, there is a delay waiting for the initial sync to finish.
Gladinet Cloud Drive
Gladinet solution is different in that it provides a drive. The benefit of having a drive is that it allows direct random access. So for the files that you don’t really visit, they can be sitting out there in the cloud. For the files that you clicked on for access, they can be brought down for access.
Attach Local Folder
When it comes to instant, seamless migration, Gladinet client also have an “Attach Local Folder” feature. After the attach local folder is done, The local folder is immediately available from the cloud.
On the desktop client, you can right click a local folder and do “attach this folder to cloud”.
If you are interested, next step is to go to www.gladinet.com, and sign up for a team edition account.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?