|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2013 12:01 AM EST||
STOCKTON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- Viratech Corp. (PINKSHEETS: VIRA), the first open source biotech research social network platform, announced today the launch of Cancer.im, http://cancer.im, a social network resource site for cancer patients, survivors, advocates, and volunteers. Cancer.im harnesses social collaboration utilities to develop what Viratech believes will become the first experience-based search engine powered by social collaboration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz1tHRb3wvU.
Cancer.im, a wholly owned subsidiary of Viratech Corp., is being hailed by journalists as "Facebook for Cancer Patients" and for good reason. In fact, the site has many of the features of social networking sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn, as well as Internet health resources, like HealthStream. But Cancer.im goes one step further. It is the first social network which has reversed engineered an evidence based medicine study which has shown that by increasing the quality of life of a cancer patient you can directly lower the incidence of morbidity regardless of treatment.
Cancer.im is positioning itself to have the first mover advantage by becoming the primary resource on the Web that people affected by cancer will turn to in order to make a difference in their own lives and the lives of others. Members can use Cancer.im to:
- Create and mobilize their own Patient Support Network;
- Learn from the wisdom of cancer survivors;
- Research all aspects of cancer;
- Organize their medical records, insurance, and research;
- Create a customized strategy based on their educated beliefs, values and resources;
- Create a proactive cancer prevention strategy.
Cancer.im was founded by people who have firsthand experience with cancer. The network continues to grow thanks to individuals who continually donate their time, resources and experience to help cancer patients navigate the obstacles they face. Our driving principles to create an internet-based support system are based on clinical data which has shown that cancer patients who have an active support network live longer than cancer patients who do not and increasing a cancer patient's quality of life directly lowers the incidence of morbidity.
"We believe that the Cancer.im social network has the potential of changing the way in which patients view and manage their disease, thus allowing them to take back control and be more proactive in their treatment decisions," states Dr. Kevin Buckman, CEO of Viratech Corp.
Cancer.im is also seeking new cancer researchers who wish to leverage its intellectual property and social network platform for the purpose of creating new distribution and engagement channels. Its first book, Find and Stop Breast Cancer, by Kevin Buckman, MD has hit the best seller list on Amazon.com for breast cancer.
Through its experience-based search engine and next-generation technology, Cancer.im's goal is to become the primary resource on the web for people affected by cancer, for the purpose of making a difference in their own lives and the lives of others.
About Viratech Corp.
Viratech Corp. has created the first open source biotech research social network platform. The purpose of the platform is to make it possible for individuals or smaller companies to compete with larger companies in the race to patent new medicines or technology. This has been made possible by leveraging social collaboration in a way that allows new biotech ventures the ability to protect their intellectual property, then simultaneously allowing those same ventures the ability to promote and crowdsource their development.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?