|By Business Wire||
|February 19, 2013 09:17 AM EST||
CloudLock, the leading cloud information security company, announced that Fairchild Semiconductor has selected the CloudLock Information Security Suite to secure sensitive information, simplify document administration and support eDiscovery requirements within the company’s Google Drive environment.
Fairchild Semiconductor, which has been using Google Apps since 2009, previously experimented with free tools to audit its data. Fairchild’s CIO Paul Lones explains the company need for a forward-looking offering that protects sensitive information at scale with proactive policy management.
“By relying on our SaaS partners to innovate in their domains of expertise, our IT staff can focus on systems that provide unique competitive advantage for Fairchild,” said Lones. “As part of this strategy, we are using Google Drive as our corporate file share and need to protect IP and trade secrets, retain data, and enforce acceptable use policies.”
“Free audit tools currently available did not address our needs. We found CloudLock’s suite of security applications provide enterprise-class, content-aware solutions that will secure millions of documents on Google Drive for thousands of employees without creating more work for our team,” Lones added.
To extend the functionality of Google Apps, Fairchild Semiconductor permits the use of 3rd party apps that integrate with the cloud-based productivity suite.
“To realize the full benefits of Google Apps, we want to enable strategic 3rd party applications but we need to be able to trust the applications that are accessing our corporate data. CloudLock Apps Firewall lets us securely manage these third party apps.”
“Publicly-traded corporations with highly sensitive data view moving to Google Apps as a competitive advantage,” said Gil Zimmermann, CEO of CloudLock. “Using CloudLock’s suite of information security applications, companies like Fairchild Semiconductor are able to take advantage of the benefits of the cloud while achieving the securest form of collaboration with world-class compliance and governance.”
About Fairchild Semiconductor
As a global provider of semiconductor solutions, Fairchild Semiconductor addresses important challenges by making household products and industrial technologies more energy efficient and enabling mobile devices with new and innovative features. Headquartered in San Jose California and trading under the NYSE symbol FCS, Fairchild Semiconductor has over 9,000 employees.
CloudLock provides a suite of information security applications that differentiates Google Apps as the most secure cloud platform. The largest Google Apps customers in the world trust CloudLock to secure their data. For more information about the company or reseller opportunities call (781) 996-4332 or visit http://www.cloudlock.com.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?