|By PR Newswire||
|February 21, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
RICHARDSON, Texas, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- VCE, the leader in converged cloud infrastructure systems, today announced its largest ever introduction of new software and hardware that will help enterprises and service providers modernize and transform their data center environments. Today's announcements represent a new chapter in the evolution of converged infrastructure, introducing open management capabilities for the Vblock™ portfolio, Vblock™ Specialized Systems, and new Vblock™ Systems designed for branch offices and mid-sized data centers.
"In three short years, VCE has pioneered and led the transition to converged infrastructure by delivering a unique customer experience. Our approach is driven by a commitment to bring simplicity and speed to data center deployments and operations," said Praveen Akkiraju, CEO of VCE. "VCE's track record of innovation includes engineering best of breed technologies into an integrated, prepackaged system with single vendor seamless support and full system lifecycle assurance - all industry firsts. Today we take the next important steps in defining the next generation data center with the introduction of new VCE developed systems and software that converge data center operations for customers."
New elements to the VCE product portfolio include:
VCE Vision Intelligent Operations
VCE Vision™ Intelligent Operations software enables converged infrastructure management leveraging and preserving investments in existing management frameworks. Developed for the entire Vblock portfolio, the software dynamically informs customer management frameworks about Vblock Systems, creating a 'single-pane-of-glass' experience and delivering a converged operations experience. Through collaborative engineering work with VMware, the software has native integration with VMware's Virtualization and Cloud Management Portfolio. VCE Vision also supports open API-enabled integration into other industry management toolsets, preserving customer investments made in their existing frameworks.
Vblock System 200
Vblock System 200 brings the Vblock family to distributed environments and mid-sized data centers, significantly expanding VCE's market reach. Mid-market customers use Vblock System 200 as core infrastructure, bringing the value of converged infrastructure to their enterprise for the first time. Large customers use Vblock System 200 as part of their distributed environment, extending their current Vblock investments across their business.
Sold through the VCE partner channel, Vblock System 200 brings speed and flexibility to data center infrastructure through standardization on best-in-class technologies.
Vblock System 100
The Vblock System 100 is targeted for remote office/branch office deployments, and extends the value of Vblock System 200, Vblock System 300 or Vblock System 700. Vblock System 100 brings line-of-business applications from core data centers into remote office/branch office locations. Available through the VCE partner network, the Vblock System 100 allows rapid deployment and reliable, cost-effective operation of applications such as Exchange for Messaging, VMware Virtual Desktop Integration (VDI) and collaboration using Microsoft SharePoint or Cisco's Unified Communications.
Vblock System 300 and Vblock System 700 family enhancements
Vblock System 300 and Vblock System 700 architectures have been enhanced to provide even greater configuration flexibility in optimizing compute, networking, and storage resources. Through incorporation of the latest Cisco, EMC and VMware technologies, Vblock System 300 and Vblock System 700 families now have up to twice the capacity and performance capabilities, allowing customers to efficiently scale-up to the highest levels of operational performance.
VCE Specialized Systems
VCE is introducing the first of a series of systems that are optimized with pre-installed core enterprise workloads. Vblock™ Specialized System SAP HANA represents another major advancement in converged infrastructure, extending the benefits of convergence through the application layer. Vblock™ Specialized System SAP HANA has received SAP HANA Certification, enabling rapid and efficient deployment of this powerful in-memory computing and database platform with unsurpassed scale and performance.
"IT Executives in the Wikibon community are modernizing their data centers and transforming operations to focus precious resources on adding sustainable business value," said David Vellante, co-founder and Chief Analyst, Wikibon. "Converged infrastructure such as VCE's Vblock Systems can dramatically speed deployments, simplify infrastructure management and reduce risk. CIOs will value the fact that VCE is extending convergence to management and operations of converged infrastructure."
"We deliver best-in-class cloud services that meet the needs of UK government, military and national security activities. It is the secure and predictable infrastructure from VCE that enables our team to power key IT initiatives," said Simon Hansford, CTO of Skyscape Cloud Services. "As an underpinning element, Vblock Systems allow us to be nimble and competitive, and in today's business arena, that is essential."
Vblock System 100 is targeted for availability in March, 2013 through VCE and its partners. Vblock System 200, VCE Vision Intelligent Operations and Vblock™ Specialized System SAP HANA are targeted for general availability in early Q2, 2013. Enhancements to Vblock System 300 and Vblock System 700 families are available immediately.
For more information on today's announcements, VCE invites you to join the virtual launch event that will include presentations from VCE executives, customers and channel partners. View the virtual launch at 8:00 a.m. PT on February 21 at www.vce.com. Hear comments by Cisco Chairman & CEO John Chambers, EMC Chairman & CEO Joe Tucci and VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger describing the future of IT.
VCE, formed by Cisco and EMC with investments from VMware and Intel, accelerates the adoption of converged infrastructure and cloud-based computing models that dramatically reduce the cost of IT while improving time to market for our customers. VCE, through the Vblock System, delivers the industry's first completely integrated IT offering with end-to-end vendor accountability. VCE's prepackaged solutions are available through an extensive partner network, and cover horizontal applications, vertical industry offerings, and application development environments, allowing customers to focus on business innovation instead of integrating, validating and managing IT infrastructure.
VCE, VCE Vision and Vblock are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries.
VMware is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions
Cisco is a registered trademark or trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE VCE LLC
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?