|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 03:01 AM EST||
BARCELONA, Mobile World Congress, February 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Opening Day Afternoon Session at Mobile World Congress, “Apps: Evolving Ecosystems” will be moderated by Caroline Lewko, Founder & CEO, WIP.
Mauro Del Rio, Chairman and Founder of Buongiorno, which is a global player in the development of operator billed paid apps, will speak in a panel discussion about the current state of the apps industry, how the roles and responsibilities within it are adapting as the apps market evolves, and unveil AppsFuel app store for quality HTML5 apps.
Mr. Del Rio's speech is titled "HTML5 is going to happen: a language set to transform the Internet into the biggest app store in the world". He will deliver an insightful perspective on the web apps, and how they can be the opportunity for telecom operators to reclaim a measure of control over smartphone's value chain.
"We believe that mobile web apps, that don't rely on proprietary native technologies, are the future. AppsFuel's challenge is to show developers and end-users alike that innovative apps and a healthy mobile ecosystem can be created without relying on proprietary native technologies.", commented Mauro Del Rio.
AppsFuel, an independent initiative backed by Buongiorno, is the first mobile internet app store to offer developers an integrated mobile payment system to monetize the mobile web.
The HTML5 store has already gained the support of leading carrier NTT DOCOMO as commented by Hiroyuki Sato, Executive Director in DOCOMO's Global Business Division "DOCOMO's objective to grow its mobile service-platform business globally is well-aligned with AppsFuel's effort to help developers monetize HTML5-based contents in a fully open mobile ecosystem."
Visit AppsFuel booth at Stand I31 in App Planet Hall 8.1 at Mobile World Congress.
AppsFuel is a mobile internet app store featuring only top quality HTML5 apps. AppsFuel is device and OS independent. When discovering apps on AppsFuel, users can browse a rich and curated offer, read reviews, find their favourite apps and share them on social media, knowing all their friends can use them, because AppsFuel apps work on any smartphone. For developers, AppsFuel is an open and simple marketplace for distribution of mobile web applications and monetization via carrier billing, an exclusive feature of AppsFuel. By joining AppsFuel, developers will enjoy an unprecedented direct connection to their customers, no approval process and always providing them the latest version, as well as the flexible payment options of carrier billing. What's more, the "write once, deploy everywhere" nature of the platform reduces the cost of creating, versioning and maintaining applications. AppsFuel is an independent initiative backed by Buongiorno, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTT DOCOMO.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- The Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx Review – Strongly Love/Hate It
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?