|By Business Wire||
|February 25, 2013 06:01 AM EST||
Karmasphere™, the leader in Big Data Analytics, today announced that Martin Hall, co-founder, Chairman and Executive Vice President of Corporate Development at Karmasphere, will chair the Big Data for Enterprise IT Day at Strata ’13. This full-day program will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center on February 26.
“Karmasphere was founded based on the realization that organizations need new big data strategies, technologies and techniques to be successful, so I enthusiastically accepted the opportunity to chair this event,” said Hall. “Strata's Enterprise Big Data day lays out the roadmap to get organizations up to speed on big data. Attendees will hear about the issues of managing data and learn how to use data science powerfully in their organization.”
The Big Data for Enterprise IT program provides CIOs, IT executives and technology professionals with the knowledge they need to create big data strategy, manage a successful project, demystify vendor solutions and understand how big data differs from business intelligence. Speakers include data science and big data experts and practitioners from Third Nature, Noumenal, EMC Consulting, Sixth Sense Advisors, Kaggle, Trifacta and UC Berkeley, Teradata, LinkedIn, Decide, Inc., DeepMile Networks, and John Hopkins University.
Hall comments that the program’s ten sessions are designed to deliver actionable advice to address real-world big data challenges. “For instance, the “Big Data is a Business Problem” presentation dives into how the relationship between IT and business must change for big data implementations to succeed. And, in the “Data Wrangling: Making People Productive with Data” session, attendees will learn how to avoid productivity bottlenecks in data analysis.”
The program’s chair, Martin Hall, brings a strong entrepreneurial track record and a history of pioneering new Internet technologies and markets. Prior to founding Karmasphere, Martin was a founder of Aventail, a leading computer security company acquired by SonicWall. Prior to that, he was the founding CEO of Stardust, an Internet technology services company sold to Penton Media. Martin has chaired and participated in a number of industry groups including WinSock, Quality of Service, Internet Multicast and Wireless Multimedia Forums.
To learn more about the Big Data for Enterprise IT Day visit: http://strataconf.com/strata2013/public/content/enterprise-it
See you there –
The Karmasphere Team.
Karmasphere delivers a fully leveraged world for Big Data Insight that is deep, unconstrained, and accessible for data driven companies seeking new sources of future business opportunity. With the advent of Hadoop, businesses can now affordably analyze massive amounts of Big Data across their web, mobile, social, sensor, video, and call center interactions without the limitations of having to use sampled data or expensive and proprietary approaches. Karmasphere customers benefit from data insights that uplift revenue, customer satisfaction and competitive advantage. The Karmasphere 2.0 Collaborative Analytics Workspace provides users across the company with self-service access to Big Data Analytics on Hadoop including analytic projects, visualizations, and everyday-to-sophisticated analysis through a social, web-based interface that facilitates team collaboration. Open and based on Apache Hadoop standards, it leverages existing analytic skills and models, integrates with traditional BI and existing applications and supports key Hadoop distributions including: Amazon Elastic Map Reduce, Cloudera, HortonWorks, IBM, and MapR Technologies. Learn more at http://www.karmasphere.com.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?