|By Marketwired .||
|February 26, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA and TEL AVIV, ISRAEL -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- PLX Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLXT), the global leader in PCI Express® (PCIe®) silicon and software connectivity solutions enabling emerging data center architectures, today announced the company will deliver a technical presentation on simplifying PCIe debugging at the upcoming PCI-SIG Developers Conference (DevCon), in Tel Aviv, Israel. Derek Percival, PLX® senior field applications engineer, will present "Debugging PCIe Links without an Analyzer" at the conference, March 12, 8:30-9:30 a.m. (UTC). The presentation instructs designers on the most efficient methods of resolving common and complex PCIe-design issues through on-chip diagnostics tools and free software, instead of purchasing expensive analysis lab equipment.
Structured for engineers knowledgeable in PCIe but looking for a deeper understanding of debugging methods for this powerful interconnect technology, Percival's presentation will explain a wide range of challenges and solutions designers face when finalizing PCIe-based designs, including:
- Initial debugging steps
- Understanding the link training status state machine (LTSSM)
- Debugging with an oscilloscope
- Debugging using registers
- System-level issues
- Bandwidth and payload size
PCI Express is ubiquitous in embedded systems, servers, storage appliances and a variety of other data-center and cloud computing environments, delivering key advantages over alternative interfaces: low power, auto-detection, lane configurability, and robust error detection and correction. Still, designers occasionally need to debug problematic PCIe links. On-chip diagnostics tools found in PLX's ExpressLane PCIe switches -- an embedded packet generator, Rx eye measurement, Tx loopback, error counters, a PRBS generator, and error injector capabilities -- enable engineers to quickly and economically debug designs and help bring them to market in the minimal amount of time.
PLX Switches: Unrivaled Performance, Extending PCIe Outside the Box
The expansive PLX ExpressLane PCIe Gen3 portfolio with these on-chip diagnostics includes 18 switches ranging from a streamlined 12-lane, three-port device to the industry's only 96-lane, 24-port switch. Designs using the ExpressLane PEX8796 switch (8 Gigatransfers per second, per lane, in full duplex mode) realize throughput of up to 1.5 terabits per second -- performance that rivals all other interconnect technologies. Furthermore, these highly versatile switches are now enabling ExpressFabric® technology, a PLX-engineered solution that extends PCIe beyond its current dominant position inside servers, network switches and storage appliances and into the heart of a system fabric. PCIe Gen3 -- and eventually Gen4 -- ExpressFabric technology presents designers with the lowest-power and -cost fabric solution, as it eliminates the need for the cumbersome translation of multiple interconnects, thus reducing latency and increasing performance.
Percival has nearly 30 years' experience in various technical capacities in the semiconductor industry. As senior field applications engineer with PLX Europe, he provides technical support and training to PLX customers in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Percival holds engineering degrees from the University of Hull, in the United Kingdom.
DevCon will be held March 11-12, 2013, at The Carlton Tel Aviv. For more information on and to register for the conference, go to www.pcisig.com/events/Israel_DevCon_2013.
For more PLX information:
PLX Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLXT), based in Sunnyvale, Calif., USA, is the industry-leading global provider of semiconductor-based PCI Express connectivity solutions primarily targeting enterprise data center markets. The company develops innovative software-enriched silicon that enables product differentiation, reliable interoperability and superior performance. Visit PLX on plxtech.com, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
ExpressLane, ExpressFabric, PLX and the PLX logo are trademarks of PLX Technology, Inc., which may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other product names that appear in this material are for identification purposes only and are acknowledged to be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?