|By Glenn Rossman||
|April 9, 2013 02:07 PM EDT||
GoGrid, a cloud infrastructure company, and Racemi, the moving company for the cloud, on Tuesday announced the availability of Cloud Path for GoGrid, a joint offering for migrating customers' existing server workloads to GoGrid's cloud platform free of charge.
The Cloud Path Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering is a customer self-service web portal for automated migration of existing Windows and Linux servers to GoGrid Cloud Server instances. There is no infrastructure to deploy or maintain on the customer site. Plus, the live capture of server workloads eliminates powering down servers and means no server downtime.
"This free migration solution provides an average cost savings of $800 per server migrated versus manual processes," said Lawrence Guillory, CEO, Racemi. "Even more important, it reduces customers' migration project timelines from days, weeks, or even months to just hours."
"We're excited to launch this new service with Racemi," said Dave Smith, vice president of global sales at GoGrid. "Together, we're making it painless for customers to migrate existing workloads to our innovative cloud platform and saving them thousands of dollars in the process."
The new solution captures the entire server stack-including operating system, applications, and configuration-and automatically converts it to run on GoGrid's cloud platform by applying the necessary tools and drivers during the migration process.
"Racemi and GoGrid ensured our migration was hassle-free," said Josh Vermette, founder of Calydonian Interactive and an early trial user. "The combination of GoGrid's flexible, low-cost cloud platform and an automated migration solution made our transition to cloud computing far easier than I'd hoped."
Because Cloud Path for GoGrid's cloud platform migrates an existing server in its time-tested configuration, it eliminates the need for rebuilding from scratch or integrating additional technology. This approach makes the solution less error-prone than other methods and with fewer points of failure. To ensure security over the network, Cloud Path uses a secure outbound HTTPS connection. Supported platforms for source workloads include Windows and Linux, regardless of whether they reside on physical, virtual, or even other cloud servers.
For more information about the free migration solution, please visit www.racemi.com/gogrid or http://exchange.gogrid.com/partnergsi/racemi-cloud-path-gogrid.
Racemi, the moving company for the cloud, has been named a "Cool Vendor" and has received other industry awards. The company builds server provisioning and cloud migration technology that allows businesses to quickly migrate their existing physical and virtual servers between dissimilar physical, virtual, and cloud platforms and across geographies. For CSPs (cloud service providers), MSPs (managed service providers), and hosting providers, Racemi is the fastest and best method for on-boarding customers to their cloud or hosted offering. Racemi also enables customers and partners to automate private data center provisioning by leveraging its market-leading server imaging technology to rapidly provision physical, virtual or private cloud servers in any automated use case. For more information, visit www.racemi.com.
GoGrid is the #1 pure-play Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider specializing in Public Cloud and Private Cloud Infrastructure solutions. Currently powering thousands of customers globally, GoGrid makes complex infrastructure easy by enabling businesses to revolutionize their IT environments with the cloud. In just minutes, GoGrid customers can deploy and begin managing existing or new applications and workloads on our proven, secure and reliable hosted public cloud platform. With GoGrid's Public Cloud and Private Cloud offerings, sysadmins, developers, and IT professionals create, deploy, and control cloud environments and complex virtual and physical server networks with full administrative control; with GoGrid's Private Cloud customers utilize a private, hosted and managed, single-tenant environment with zero capital expenditure. To further leverage the GoGrid cloud, the GoGrid Exchange provides users with an evolving ecosystem of cloud solutions from GoGrid's partner community. GoGrid is proud to have been recognized as a "Champion" by Info-Tech Research Group in 2011 and 2012. For more information, please visit www.GoGrid.com.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?