|By Business Wire||
|April 11, 2013 09:00 AM EDT||
athenahealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHN), a leading provider of cloud-based services for electronic health record (EHR), practice management, and care coordination, today announced the Company is working with Mashery to provide new web-services-based APIs (application programming interfaces) for the health care IT developer community. These new offerings strengthen partner access to athenahealth’s More Disruption Please (MDP) program, an initiative that brings together entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, developers, academics, and others who believe in breeding innovation and stoking disruption as a means to overcome the staid and broken processes within health care.
Through its work with Mashery, the world’s leading provider of API management technology and services, athenahealth is unleashing turn-key connectivity to its cloud-based platform of HIT services and to its existing network of about 40,000 providers nationwide. This massive, open API initiative offers innovators an onramp to develop best-of-breed, HIPAA-compliant health care applications that can be easily introduced and integrated within health care provider workflows.
“With Mashery, we are yet again putting a stake in the cloud; we’re lowering the point of entry for the best and brightest across the technology community to plug into our network, to engage our captive audience of tens of thousands of providers, and to innovate on their behalf. Come! Help us disrupt and improve health care,” said Jonathan Bush, CEO and chairman, athenahealth. “athenahealth is building a cloud-based, information backbone—similar to what Amazon.com is for consumers, our platform will serve as a one-stop shop for providers seeking solutions to help them meet clinical and business goals. Unlike traditional HIT vendors that operate in closed silos and are unwilling to connect beyond their existing client base, we are all about openness.”
Kyle Armbrester, director of Business Development and head of More Disruption Please at athenahealth, added: “We are modernizing health care IT in a big way with Mashery by streamlining connectivity to our platform, and allowing the developer community to plug in and innovate. We’re providing the data and knowledge from our cloud-based network, a captive audience for developers to innovate for, and an online sandbox to do it all in. The bottom line is that there’s not enough innovation in health care; by lowering the point of entry for the development community, we’re hoping they’ll be enticed to create solutions for a cause that impacts us all—our health care.”
“We’re eager to pair our working knowledge of the current health care app transformation with athenahealth’s platform vision,” said Oren Michels, CEO and co-founder of Mashery. “Mashery has years of experience helping its health care customers achieve tangible API program success—such as the 20 app prototypes built at the Health 2.0 Code-a-thon we hosted last October, where developers used data from fitness monitors, the FDA and insurance providers in apps that encourage ongoing healthy behaviors.”
More Disruption Please (MDP) is athenahealth’s business development program; it is aimed at launching a massive surge of disruptive innovation in health care for the overall advancement in the way patient care is coordinated, delivered, and reimbursed. The MDP advantage is that qualified, high-quality health care innovators can gain access to athenahealth’s growing cloud-based network of about 40,000 providers. Through the MDP program, athenahealth will continue to introduce new services and accelerate the introduction of high-value innovation via the cloud.
Those interested in learning about MDP and partnership opportunities, or alerts for when our online health care marketplace will be available, please visit www.athenahealth.com/disruption.
About athenahealth, Inc.
athenahealth is a leading provider of cloud-based services for EHR, practice management, and care coordination. athenahealth’s mission is to be caregivers’ most trusted service, helping them do well doing the right thing. For more information, please visit www.athenahealth.com or call 888-652-8200.
Mashery, the world’s leading provider of API Management technology and services, helps securely power 62,000 apps for more than 175 top brands—including USA TODAY, Comcast, Dun & Bradstreet, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Aetna, CapitalOne and Expedia. Only Mashery offers enterprises a PCI-DSS Compliant API Management platform to build API-powered platforms for opening new distribution channels, speeding time-to-market, and spurring innovation. Mashery focuses on API success, from crafting platform strategy and setting business objectives, to managing API delivery and facilitating relationships with a network of 200,000 developers. Mashery was founded in 2006.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?