|By Cloud Ventures||
|April 16, 2013 06:05 PM EDT||
For example over here at Sheepdog our goal is to build one of Canada’s premier brands for expert Cloud consulting.
Central to this is development of the ‘Cloud Readiness Assessment’, a standardized process for helping your business understand where and how it could best exploit the trends of Cloud computing.
Total Economic Impact
The framework for planning the Cloud migration business case can be defined in terms that Forrester Consulting calls ‘Total Economic Impact’ (TEI).
Recently Google commissioned Forrester Research to identify the TEI (Total Economic Impact) of moving to Google Apps, polling around 600 mid-sized firms about their collaboration plans.
Download the report here: The Google Apps TEI Report from Forrester Research, used to to plan the ROI of moving from a legacy messaging and collaboration platform to Google Apps. They describe how organizations have enjoyed a business improvement including:
- Break even within 1.4 months
- 329% risk-adjusted ROI
- A Net Present Value of over $10m following an investment of $400k
A Cloud Readiness Assessment is a consulting engagement that analyzes your organization and its business requirements, and maps these to a Cloud strategy.
An ‘economic impact’ review is a great way to frame this exercise, so you can be clear about how the ROI will b e achieved, and importantly you can test for organizational needs through testing for your ‘readiness’ for Cloud services in different areas:
- Virtualization and business continuity
- Desktop and IT operations
- Unified Communications and staff productivity
The exercise can include some very specific auditing work – For example an assessment of your Microsoft Office licencing situation. In some cases customers find they are paying for versions they aren’t using, in one case yielding $2.5m in annual savings.
If this is then followed by the additional cost savings and productivity benefits that Forrester describe, it’s clear how straight forward it is to plan a successful ROI from a Cloud migration.
The objective of the Canada Cloud Roadmap is to help flesh out the detail of a number of these journeys. Desktop office software is but one of many scenarios where the same principle and process can be repeated.
With each of these different functional areas having their own self-contained TEI, then it’s possible to cherry pick just one or a combination of them, to assemble the Roadmap that best suits your organization.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- DataStax Announces New Startup Program Offering Free Software, as Well as Free Training Courses for Cassandra Users and New Developer Tool
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?