|By RealWire News Distribution||
|May 23, 2013 04:00 AM EDT||
- 'Smart' vendor blazes a trail for compliance in the cloud -
23rd May 2013, Basingstoke, UK, Web application security provider, SaaSID, is celebrating a number of company milestones following the launch of its Cloud Application Manager (CAM) software. CAM provides single sign-on (SSO) to any web application and helps organisations to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to sensitive information. CAM goes beyond SSO to enable centralised control over application features, preventing misuse of data by restricting download, share and export functions, regardless of the device used by employees.
Ed Macnair, CEO of SaaSID, explains, "Our goal has always been to make it easier for all organisations to benefit from web applications by tackling security and compliance concerns. Our browser-based technology is a truly innovative solution that puts CIOs back in control of data that is accessed using web applications. SaaSID is still the only vendor that provides SSO and goes beyond it to control application features and provide a comprehensive audit trail of employees' interactions with web applications. We have continually listened to customer feedback and developed new tools to reduce administration time, automate strong password management and provide an intuitive interface to prove governance, risk management and compliance. It is gratifying to see that so many of our customers, partners, analysts and peers agree with our approach."
In May, SaaSID was named in "Tall and Small - Smart or Cool: an IDC assessment of vendors to watch in Europe". Categorising SaaSID as a "Smart" vendor, IDC Research Director for European Security Software, Kevin Bailey, wrote, "SaaSID brings a level of accessibility and authentication for SaaS applications that reduces application sprawl and retains control, during a period of growth where the data and devices to access these applications are spiralling. This is a 'smart' approach to a challenging concern".
In March 2013, CAM 2.0 was launched, providing customers with server-side authentication and an intuitive dashboard, CAM Analytics, which enables both IT specialists and business managers to see their entire web application estate and to prove that employees' web application use follows corporate policies and complies with data protection rules.
Since the launch of CAM, the company's innovation has been recognised by a number of Cloud and information security thought leaders:
- SaaSID won the Cloud Tech Trailblazer award in December 2012
- SaaSID was named as a finalist in the Innovation category of the SC Awards Europe 2013
- SaaSID is listed as a "Specialist Cloud Service Provider" to G-Cloud ii and G-Cloud iii
- SaaSID CAM was added to the Google Apps marketplace in April 2013
- SaaSID was included in the latest IDaaS market research note by Gartner
- SaaSID CAM was independently reviewed by IT Pro and PC Pro and given a 5 star rating.
- SaaSID CEO, Ed Macnair, has been invited to present on the topic of web application feature control and auditing to information security investors at America's Growth Capital conference on 25th January in San Francisco and on 4th June 2013 in London
The company has developed technology and integration partnerships with a number of leading technology companies: these include technology partnerships with QuoVadis, EMC GreenPlum and Kinamik and development partnerships with Apple and Microsoft. In addition, SaaSID has a number of international channel partners including:
- Blue Cube
- The Bunker
- Imtech ICT
To request a free demonstration on how CAM can help organisations to control web application features and achieve compliance, please click here: http://www.saasid.com/request-a-demo/
SaaSID single sign-on provides organisations with a single point of control over access to web applications that minimises the risk of unauthorised access to sensitive data.
Organisations can manage not only business applications but also social media such as LinkedIn and Twitter. Users no longer have to remember multiple usernames and passwords, increasing productivity and significantly reducing calls to help desks.
SaaSID goes beyond SSO and delivers centralised management of access to individual web application features, preventing data misuse by restricting access to share, download and export functions. CAM provides a detailed audit trail of all user interaction with web applications, from sign in to sign out and everything in between.
SaaSID ensures enterprises have complete control when adopting web applications, unlocking the benefits without increasing risk. SaaSID delivers much more than an SSO solution. Find out more by visiting www.saasid.com and @SaaSID
The company is headquartered in Basingstoke, United Kingdom and San Jose, USA. Follow SaaSID on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SaaSID
Connect with SaaSID on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/saasid-limited
Gartner research note: "Are you and the IDaaS market ready for each other", 8th May 2013, Gregg Kreizman. http://www.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?id=2479115&ref=g_fromdoc
IDC, "Tall and Small - Smart or Cool: an IDC assessment of vendors to watch in Europe" April 2013, Kevin Bailey. http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=IS52V
The451 "SaaSID is looking to bring more than SSO to the Cloud" 14th January 2013, Javvad Malik, https://451research.com/report-short?entityId=75482
IT Pro, "SaaSID Cloud Application Manager Review", 20th February 2013, Dave Mitchell http://www.itpro.co.uk/apps/byod/19247/saasid-cloud-application-manager-review
SC Magazine UK "SC Awards Europe 2013 - Shortlist" February 2013 http://www.scawardseurope.com/shortlist-2013
Techworld.com "British start-ups scoop top prizes at Tech Trailblazers Awards" 18th December 2012: http://news.techworld.com/sme/3417055/british-start-ups-scoop-top-prizes-at-tech-trailblazers-awards/
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?