|By PR Newswire||
|August 22, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
BLUE BELL, Pa., Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced awards related to successful projects with federal government clients the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Government Computer News selected NARA for a GCN Award for its transition of 4,500 employees to Google Apps for Government, a cloud-based email and collaboration solution. The solution is designed to allow NARA employees to share information technology infrastructure, resources and applications while helping them to collaborate with each other and with individuals and organizations outside of the agency. NARA expects the solution to give its employees secure and efficient access to email and data while cutting operational costs and improving system uptime and availability.
In addition, a Unisys project with the IRS – the Enterprise Storage Acquisition – received an honorable mention from the GCN Awards. Under the project, Unisys delivers more than seven petabytes of private storage with business-driven performance tiers, enabling IRS to access the right kind of storage at the right time.
Government Computer News this year honored 15 government IT projects with GCN Awards, recognizing government agencies for "showing technical creativity, a willingness to test emerging technologies and the perseverance to push for big, cross-agency IT improvements in an era of budget and cost cutting," according to the publication's web site. In addition, the publication recognized five projects for honorable mention.
"Congratulations to our clients at NARA and the IRS for these well-deserved awards which recognize their innovative work to help the government operate more efficiently and effectively," said Ted Davies, president, Unisys Federal Systems. "We are excited to be part of these successful projects."
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
Follow Unisys on Twitter.
RELEASE NO.: 0822/9190
Unisys is a registered trademark of Unisys Corporation. Any other brand or product referenced herein is acknowledged to be a trademark or registered trademark of its respective holder.
SOURCE Unisys Corporation
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?