|By PR Newswire||
|August 26, 2013 09:00 AM EDT||
FORT COLLINS, Colo., Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IT/Dev Connections, a part of Penton's Technology Group and the premiere annual professional development and networking event for the Microsoft developer community, today announced the targeted educational opportunities the conference offers to developers. IT/Dev Connections has been educating the technology industry for 13 years.
IT/Dev Connections will take place October 1-3, 2013 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. The pre-conference workshops are September 30, 2013 and post-conference workshops are October 4, 2013.
"As the premier training event for developers, our event provides attendees with the real-world solutions that will give them a competitive edge when implementing the latest technologies. Our workshops provide developers with hours of in-depth classroom training that they would otherwise have to pay thousands of dollars to hire consultants to visit onsite," said Penton Technology Market Leader Peg Miller. "We look forward to providing attendees with an environment to learn and network from peers as well as industry experts."
Chander Dhall, developer content chair for IT/Dev Connections, and founder of Dallas Days of .NET and jsSaturday said, "Dev Connections promises to be the best Connections ever with a line-up of well-known MVPs and a strong focus on speakers who are currently developing in the trenches."
Keynote presenters will provide attendees with the information and new skills that will help developers with their day-to-day jobs. The featured developer keynote is Miguel de Icaza, CTO at Xamarin and responsible for their cross-platform mobile app development products including Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android. de Icaza has directed the Mono project since its creation in 2001 and oversaw the launches of Mono's desktop, server and mobile offerings at Novell from 2003-2011. Before Mono, he co-founded the GNOME project in 1997. In 1999 de Icaza co-founded Ximian and worked on Gnumeric, and the Linux kernel. He has received the Free Software Foundation 1999 Free Software Award, the MIT Technology Review Innovator of the Year Award in 1999, and was named one of Time Magazine's 100 innovators for the new century in September 2000.
Key conference workshops for developers include:
- Pre-con - Creating Highly Performant, Scalable Websites: From SPA to Backend by Chander Dhall/Chris Love
- Pre-con - ASP.NET Web API and HTTP Fundamentals by Ido Flatow
- Post-con - Architecting Device-Driven Mobile Web Solutions by Dino Esposito
To register for the IT/Dev Connections event, visit www.devconnections.com.
About Penton's Technology Group
Penton Technology Group provides information and education to advance technology ecosystems. It serves the community of Microsoft IT professionals and developers through Windows IT Pro, Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows, myITforum.com, SQL Server Pro, SharePoint Pro and Dev Pro; IBM IT professionals and developers with iPro Developer and POWER IT Pro; and the ecosystem of IT channel companies through Nine Lives brands MSPmentor, Talkin' Cloud and The VAR Guy.
For millions of business owners and decision-makers, Penton makes the difference every day. We engage our professional users by providing actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking, both in person and virtually, all with deep relevance to their specific industries. We then activate this engagement by connecting users with tens of thousands of targeted providers of products and services to help drive business growth. Learn more about our company at www.penton.com.
Penton is a privately held company owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
VP/Technology Market Leader
Penton's IT/Dev Connections
Phone: (970) 203 - 2749
Phone: 212 204 4351
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?