|By RealWire News Distribution||
|September 10, 2013 10:15 AM EDT||
Offers businesses first full mobile Managed File Transfer capabilities - overcoming critical security, visibility, control and productivity barriers
London, UK - 10 September 2013 - Ipswitch File Transfer, chosen by thousands of companies to manage their file transfers, today announced the release of MOVEit 8.0 - a software package that, for the first time, enables mobile workers to reliably and productively transfer files as part of key business processes, while providing IT the security, visibility and control required to confidently conduct business.
MOVEit 8.0 solves problems that businesses have faced for years; trying to balance security and productivity in their mobile work policies. In an attempt to get work done, mobile users have turned to readily available file-sharing options outside the corporate IT structure. This approach causes security, visibility and control vulnerabilities for the business, while file transfers are not automatically linked to business processes.
"Mobile devices need to be integrated with a Managed File Transfer system," said Rich Kennelly, president of Ipswitch File Transfer. "This allows all files to be delivered reliably and securely, provides IT with visibility and control of file movement, and ensures files remain associated with original business processes or business records. The new MOVEit 8.0 Mobile MFT empowers our customers to adopt mobile without feeling that they are taking unacceptable security risks."
MOVEit 8.0 extends Managed File Transfer functionality to mobile users on iOS and Android devices, integrating mobile into a company's existing file-based processes. It makes files from their business systems available to mobile users, allows users to upload new files, and automates the movement of those files back to their business systems. In addition, the system allows mobile users to send files to each other, and share information securely.
"We use MOVEit 8.0 to transfer large software images and patches including security credentials, to our clients," said Paul Sester, system engineer with Bechtle AG, a global IT service provider headquartered in Germany. "We selected MOVEit because it allowed us to easily and securely transfer gigabyte size .EXE and .MSI files in Outlook. In addition, our customers can now securely transfer files to us using our upload portal. We also have central control over user access and the file life cycle, confident that files are deleted once transferred. It's also important that we are able to monitor and audit all transfer operations."
MOVEit 8.0 also adds additional features that will help IT confidently meet security and compliance demands. New security features include:
Vulnerability protection - enhanced with the latest safeguards to protect against the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10
Anti-virus protection - support for McAfee, Symantec and Sophos
Enhanced security wizard - streamlined with lockdown processes, increasing security configuration and ensuring necessary security steps are taken
File tracking ability - auditing, visibility and control for PCI (Payment Card Industry), HIPAA/HITECH (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) compliance
Support for server platforms and systems - Windows Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Microsoft Exchange/Outlook 2013
- Improved administrator control - administrators now have the option to protect sensitive email messages while always securing attachments
"Employees need to participate in business processes using their mobile devices with the same ease and efficiency that they experience on their desktop computers," said Michael Osterman, principal of analyst firm Osterman Research. "But the availability of packaged software solutions to securely move files to and from mobile devices with control and visibility while ensuring those files can automatically participate in a business workflow, has been limited in many cases. Ipswitch's MOVEit 8.0 Managed File Transfer solution successfully extends these capabilities to mobile devices, providing businesses with the tools they need to get real work done, anytime, anywhere."
Examples of MOVEit 8.0 Mobile use across industries include:
Insurance: An insurance adjustor can now securely transfer documents and images from their tablet. While still at an accident site, they can initiate the automated insurance claim review workflow process, saving time and improving productivity. In the past, they would have had to wait to access the server directly, or rely on a co-worker to initiate the process
Healthcare: A doctor routinely takes picture of patient infections with a mobile phone, adds text information such as medical record numbers, and sends data securely as part of their patient record update process. The medical records department is alerted to the availability of new images and adds them to patient records and to the practice management system. The whole process is in full compliance with all relevant country standards including HIPAA/HITECH
Retail: A sales representative at a customer site securely generates and delivers an approved price quote document, initiating the process from their tablet. Once approved, the information is electronically delivered to the client, and business systems are securely updated
About Ipswitch File Transfer
Ipswitch File Transfer provides solutions that move, govern and secure business information between employees, business partners and customers. The company's proven solutions lead the industry in terms of ease of use, allowing companies of all sizes to take control of their sensitive and vital information and improve the speed of information flow. Ipswitch lets business and IT managers govern data transfers and file sharing with confidence and enable compliance by balancing the need for end user simplicity with the visibility and control required by IT. Ipswitch File Transfer solutions are trusted by thousands of organisations worldwide, including more than 90% of the Fortune 1000, government agencies, and millions of prosumers. Ipswitch File Transfer was recently recognised as a Champion in Info-Tech Research Group's Managed File Transfer Vendor Landscape. For more information on Ipswitch File Transfer and its products, go to http://www.ipswitchft.com/, and to engage, follow Ipswitch File Transfer on Twitter at @IpswitchFT, on LinkedIn and Facebook.
MOVEit and WS_FTP are registered trademarks of Ipswitch, Inc. Windows is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies. Other products or company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks and are the property of their respective holders.
Tel: 0845 053 9121
Ipswitch File Transfer
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?