|By Steve Mordue||
|August 21, 2013 04:41 PM EDT||
I was doing a local search for Office 365 recently as I occasionally like to see who has jumped into the reseller market, you know, “ear to the ground”. I was caught off guard a little bit to see a firm I know called “Thirteen Guys Named Ed”, had joined the ranks of my competitors. But that’s not the story.
I met the Jasons a while ago. We were running a series of events called “Cloud for Law Firms” and I was looking for complimentary topics that I could add to the agenda. The Jasons had a cloud based timekeeping product targeting law firms so I asked them to participate. We talked briefly beforehand and they made it clear that they were Google Apps guys and resellers, but would be happy to present their timekeeping product to the audience that I created. I think we did two events together. Well apparently the law firm representatives were not the only ones absorbing my presentations, as a short while later the Jasons pop up offering the same service to law firms as we do: “We’re Office 365 Resellers!”. But that’s not the story.
I am a capitalist at heart and a resolute believer in the free enterprise system. Competition is at the heart of that system, but competition can still be annoying. I am sure Forceworks is an annoyance to our competitors as well. While there is a big difference between a Certified Office 365 expert and a brand new Office 365 Reseller, the differences are not always obvious to a prospective client, at least at the outset. Microsoft wants to grow this Office 365 business as fast as possible, which is why Office 365 is not only offered by knowledgable certified partners, but is also available next to the cash register at Best Buy, or can be added to your phone carrier bill, or from an army of resellers whose pre-qualification process was simply asking Microsoft, who says Yes! to anyone. It has not hurt our business, in fact a growing part of our business is following behind clowns who did not know what they were doing. But that is not the story.
As a Certified Cloud Partner of Microsoft, offering, among other cloud services, Office 365, we have to know the product inside and out and we have to truly believe that it is better than any competing product. If we don’t we will not be able to convince anyone else. The same is no doubt true for a Google Apps reseller. So what does it say when a long-time Google Apps reseller, who should know that product inside and out, suddenly adds Office 365, a product they are just figuring out to the top spot in their offering? Ah, that’s the real story.
So a hearty thanks to the Jasons for proving that even a die-hard knowledgable Google Docs Reseller can see that Office 365 is the place to be.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?