|By Marketwired .||
|October 7, 2013 05:00 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/07/13 -- NextPlane, Inc., the leading provider of federation services to build and enable collaborative business communities on disparate unified communications platforms, today announced that Markit has licensed its patent-pending UC federation technology to power Markit Collaboration Services, a new open network for the financial services industry. Markit launched the service today (http://www.markit.com/Company/Media-Centre) with the support of many global financial institutions.
Real-time communications is at the heart of streamlining business. Unified communications (UC) promises inter-enterprise collaboration with strategic business partners. Increasingly, organizations want to connect with their business partners, and employ presence, instant messaging, multi-user chat, voice, video, and enterprise social feeds in their communications -- regardless of their underlying UC platform. By leveraging these real-time tools, they accelerate decision-making, increase productivity and provide the missing link to competing effectively in today's global financial world.
"The time is right for a new open network designed to help the global capital markets industry communicate and collaborate seamlessly. The enthusiasm in the industry for Markit Collaboration Services is driven in part by the fact that federation technology from NextPlane makes it possible for institutions to maximize the value of their existing UC and messaging platforms by gaining the ability to cross-connect with a large number of other firms," commented Heidi Johnson, managing director and head of Markit Collaboration Services.
Markit Collaboration Services enables unified communications and instant messaging platforms to interoperate; as well as providing a central, vetted directory, which makes it easy for financial market professionals to find, connect and collaborate with one another. Integration services from Markit make it possible for the messaging and directory functionality to be embedded in third party applications, workflows and other networks.
NextPlane uses the same underlying UC federation technology for its own UC Exchange service. NextPlane has grown its own UC Exchange service well beyond critical mass -- with more than 500,000 federated users across 500+ unique corporate domains, generating more than 1 billion messages per month. Member companies include leading global organizations from a wide range of industries.
"We are pleased to have NextPlane's federation technology play a central role in enabling Markit's collaboration initiative for financial services industries," commented Farzin Shahidi, NextPlane's founder and CEO. "This is an important market validation that leading edge companies are building collaborative communities around their unified communication platforms. We look forward to continuing to team up with and support Markit's UC federation needs and help them remain a dominant leader."
About NextPlane's UC Exchange Service
Leading companies and organizations worldwide in financial services, energy, automotive, pharmaceutical, hi-tech, legal, media, publishing, manufacturing, construction and education are building global, real-time collaborative business communities using UC Exchange federation services. Member organizations can find, connect, and collaborate with business partners across the broadest range of unified communication (UC), public IM, and social media platforms. UC Exchange supports Microsoft Lync 2013 and 2010, OCS 2007 R2 and R1, LCS 2005; IBM Sametime; Cisco Jabber XCP, Unified Presence Server (CUPS), and WebEx Messenger; Siemens Enterprise Communications OpenScape; Google Apps, OpenFire, Ezuce Open UC, and Isode M-link.
Based in Sunnyvale, CA, NextPlane (www.nextplane.net) is the global leader in UC Federation-as-a-Service. NextPlane helps companies and organizations extend and fully leverage UC and social media communications internally or across corporate boundaries, connecting users, partners, customers and suppliers in real-time collaborative business communities for enhanced decision-making, productivity, and competitive advantage. NextPlane is the provider of UC Exchange, the world's fastest-growing, cloud-based community of federation-ready organizations. For more information, please visit www.nextplane.net or contact email@example.com.
Kim Rose or Jim Rossner
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?