|By PR Newswire||
|October 9, 2013 08:01 AM EDT||
RALEIGH, N.C., Oct. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alien Skin Software today announced Snap Art® 4, the new version of its artistic natural media application for photographers. Snap Art 4 transforms a photo into a beautiful work of art that looks completely handcrafted. It features a redesigned user interface and improved speed. Snap Art 4 can be used as a plug-in with popular host software or as a standalone program for even greater flexibility.
Snap Art 4 can render hundreds of styles and media, such as oil paint, pencil sketch, watercolor, and crayon. It mimics the techniques of human artists, such as layered brush strokes and enhancement of important edges. Snap Art takes care of all the tedious work of drawing brush strokes. For more control, the masking tool can bring out extra detail in areas that need it.
"Using Snap Art 4 simply requires a creative idea, not hand-eye coordination or technical training," said Terence Tay, designer of the new Snap Art 4 software. "Thanks to Snap Art 4's realistic effects, even aspiring photographers can create prints that are worthy of hanging in a gallery."
Snap Art 4's user interface was completely rewritten to make it easy to create great artwork. Across the board, everything in Snap Art is faster and more responsive. The modern dark color scheme reduces distractions around the image. The new visual preset browser shows how each preset will look when applied to an image. In addition, favorites and recently used presets are just a click away.
Snap Art 4 integrates with many popular photography tools: Adobe® Photoshop®, Lightroom®, and now Apple® Aperture®. Snap Art 4 can now also be launched as a standalone application.
Pricing and Availability
Snap Art 4 will be available in November 2013 through www.alienskin.com for $99 USD. Owners of earlier versions of Snap Art may upgrade for $69 USD. Free upgrades will be automatically sent to everyone who purchased Snap Art 3 directly from Alien Skin Software in August 2013 or later.
Snap Art 4 may be used as a standalone program or a plug-in. When it is used as a plug-in it requires one of the following host applications:
- Adobe Photoshop CS6, or CC
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 or newer
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 or newer
- Apple Aperture 3 or newer
Microsoft Windows users need Windows 7 or newer.
Apple Macintosh users need Mac OS X 10.8 or newer.
An Intel Core 2 processor or compatible is required.
A monitor with 1280x768 resolution or greater is required.
About Alien Skin Software
Alien Skin Software makes creative tools for photographers and graphic designers. The company distills advanced math and cutting edge research into simple tools that render beautiful pictures. Alien Skin Software's reputation for bug-free software and friendly tech support has grown worldwide since its founding in 1993. For more information, visit the Alien Skin website at www.alienskin.com.
Snap Art, Alien Skin Software, and the Alien Skin Software logo are registered trademarks of Alien Skin Software, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Alien Skin Software
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?