|By Business Wire||
|October 15, 2013 04:46 PM EDT||
Ellucian® continues advancing digital campus power with the new 2.6 release of Ellucian Mobile, helping colleges and universities take advantage of the latest in mobile technology.
New features, including full support for the new Apple iOS7 operating system, expanded iPad and Android tablet support, improved database support for SQL Server and Oracle, and customer requested items, provide timely enhancements that increase overall performance and improve the end-user experience.
“The fast-moving mobile environment demands a nimble and innovative development team,” said Mark Jones, chief product officer, Ellucian. “This is the fourth major release of the product in seven months. We had new presentation and data layers in place to support iOS7 when it hit the market, and we continually incorporate market developments to deliver the best mobile experience in global higher education. In addition, addressing nearly half of the client requests in a single release demonstrates how much emphasis we place on listening to and working with our customers.”
Improvements to the user interface include landscape orientation for tablets and iOS screens, and the flexibility to open functionality in browser windows and to open web module links in an external browser, making it quicker and easier to access resources. The new version also adds full right-to-left Arabic in addition to supporting US English, UK English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese languages.
Unlike outmoded offerings that bundle disconnected apps through mobile middleware, Ellucian Mobile is a single app that delivers volumes of varied content through a highly customizable framework. It is a fast, affordable, and scalable approach for institutions wanting to deliver the best mobile experience. More than 600 colleges and universities located throughout Asia, the Middle East, Europe, North America, Central America, the Caribbean, South America, and Australia have licensed Ellucian Mobile since it was launched in April 2013.
Higher education technology professionals can experience Ellucian Mobile at Ellucian’s booth #501 at the EDUCAUSE annual conference in Anaheim, California this week. Or visit http://www.ellucian.com/mobile-campus.
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit Ellucian at www.ellucian.com, follow Ellucian on Twitter (@EllucianInc), and like Ellucian on Facebook (/EllucianInc).
Ellucian® is a trademark of Ellucian Company L.P. or its affiliates and is registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?