|By PR Newswire||
|October 16, 2013 03:00 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CTIA-The Wireless Association®, the international trade association representing the wireless telecommunications industry, announced today at MobileCON 2013™, that Rip Gerber, President and CEO of Locaid, the world's largest Location-as-a-Service company, will join the associations' Board of Directors for FY14.
Locaid is the first "Software-as-a-Service" company, and first Location Based Services (LBS) company, to have a representative on the CTIA Board of Directors. Locaid has been an active member of the CTIA since 2006 and Gerber has served on the CTIA Wireless Internet Development group and the CTIA Chief Privacy Officer group.
Gerber has built Locaid into world's largest location company bringing carrier APIs and the "cloud" to mobile apps. In May 2013, Gerber won the CTIA B!G Idea Ingenious Innovator in Mobile Award and previously Locaid has won CTIA's B!G Idea for Most Innovative Award and been named a Fierce Wireless Top 15 Company among other accolades. Gerber also holds a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) degree from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
"CTIA's members provide U.S. consumers with the world's best wireless service and consistently make significant investments in the U.S. economy. Among the 2014 Board of Directors' goals is to make certain the U.S. wireless industry remains the world's leader in innovation so that Americans continue to benefit from wireless telecommunications. One of the key components to this is making sure more spectrum is made available for commercial wireless use. By working together and with the expert guidance of our board comprised of leaders such as Rip, CTIA will work diligently to ensure appropriate public policy that recognizes the need for the U.S. wireless industry to remain the best in the world," said Steve Largent, President and CEO of CTIA.
"The CTIA is at a pivotal point in its storied history. We are witnessing a time of breathtaking innovation in technologies and business models, driven by powerful mobile device adoption, new players, open API proliferation and privacy," comments Gerber. "My election to the board of this prestigious wireless association demonstrates just how important Location is becoming to this fast moving industry."
Locaid is the world's largest LaaS (Location-as-a-Service) company. Locaid runs "location in the cloud" with the most robust, privacy-protected, Omni-Location™ platform available. Locaid can determine the physical location of your customers, employees or assets, anywhere, instantly. With a footprint that extends to over 4.7 billion connected devices across the globe, including network mobile location on over 400 million mobile devices, Locaid helps enterprises and developers be hyper-local, reduce fraud, increase productivity, gain consumer insight, comply with regulations, drive revenue and save lives. Locaid is the largest and preferred location gateway for the major carriers in the Americas including AT&T, Boost Mobile, Cricket, Rogers, Sprint, TELUS, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon and others. The world's biggest brands, agencies, financial institutions, software companies, enterprise infrastructure providers, mobile app developers and M2M platforms get location from Locaid. Location Matters™.
Locate us at http://www.loc-aid.com, @locaid and www.facebook.com/Locaid.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?