|By PR Newswire||
|October 17, 2013 12:49 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Picofemto LLC, a biomedical software company specializing in neuroanalytics and personalized medicine, is pleased to announce the deployment of its first product, EEG Decision Support, based on its proprietary cloud-based biomedical engine, CliniscanTM.
CliniscanTM, the innovative web-based software as a service (SaaS) platform, provides rapid analysis of complex biomedical data to support clinical decisions by physicians. In addition, Picofemto's open-standards base design emphasizes security, anonymity, and trust, while enabling partnerships for third party diagnostic algorithms with its dynamic open API. The easy-to-use-web interface addresses the medical community and removes the burden of data manipulation and storage while enhancing interoperability for the physician and the patient.
The product immediately benefits healthcare professionals and institutions, particularly in the neurology field, by providing software that integrates multiple biomedical modalities (EEG, MRI, CT), into a single package that can efficiently process complex data – including quantitative EEG analysis and brain segmentation. Additionally, CliniscanTM will permit the storage, retrieval, and sharing of digital biomedical files, including DICOM. A number of studies have demonstrated that the primary driver increasing healthcare costs is technology. Kai Matsumiya, Chief Operating Officer, states "This technology will lower healthcare costs by decreasing both time and cost while increasing efficiency."
The core of the CliniscanTM platform is a custom engine that divides workloads dynamically across a number of computing nodes. This greatly reduces the time required to analyze data sets and to run workflows that are beyond the capabilities of desktop systems. According to Brian Kennedy, Chief Technology Officer, "The CliniscanTM toolkit accelerates the development of medical data processing algorithms and reduces the complexity of developing parallel distributed code for cloud processing." Brad Johnson, Lead Developer, describes the open API as "providing third party access to partners with scalability to handle complex data." For these reasons, CliniscanTM stands to become the premier open-architecture, self-proliferating repository for third-party diagnostic algorithms.
EEG Decision Support, the first plug-in modality within the CliniscanTM open architecture, is the most comprehensive product of its kind available in the market. Fatih Sirin, Ph.D and Head of Analytics, notes"EEG Decision Support addresses the paramount components of quantitative EEG analysis - insomnia, dementia, epilepsy, head injury, sleep apnea, using an array of "gold standard" algorithms." Dhinakaran Chinappen, Biomedical Engineer, reports "EEG Decision Support features automated spike detection, seizure detection, classification, thereby saving the physician a substantial amount of time."
Cecily Xi and William Bubel, Senior Software Engineers, emphasize that "Users are provided with a complete, comprehensive, and objective report conveying abnormal characteristics of the EEG recording, clinical correlations, and notes from the physician."
Picofemto distinguishes itself with the ability to process large scale biomedical data in an efficient manner - within the medical sector which has experienced unprecedented high costs and increased volume. Robert Callan, Quantitative Analyst, is excited about "a wider range of analytics for biomedical modalities including ECG, MRI, CT, and PET that will be deployed in the near future." In addition, because of its cloud-based delivery, Picofemto is planning for international expansion within both the developing and developed world contexts where many would reap the benefits of a critical healthcare component.
Srikant Krishna, Founder & CEO, states "We are very pleased to have developed this sophisticated product on a very aggressive schedule since inception. We strongly feel this will be a game-changer in the utilization of technology in healthcare." There are expected to be significant changes in the healthcare system and practices derived from the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare").
For more information, please contact Kai Matsumiya at (email@example.com, +1.212.502.3770).
Media Contact: Kai Matsumiya, Picofemto, +1.212.502.3770, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Picofemto LLC
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?