|By Marketwired .||
|October 29, 2013 09:11 AM EDT||
BEAVERTON, OR -- (Marketwired) -- 10/29/13 -- Act-On Software, a leading provider of cloud-based integrated marketing automation software, today announced it has expanded its partner ecosystem by opening its APIs to third party developers, introducing the Act-On Developer Program and enhancing its functionality for agency partners. These new capabilities significantly expand the Act-On Partner Exchange (APEX), which now offers support and resources for developer, agency, and referral partners and better serves the business demands of a growing customer base that exceeds 1,900 companies.
The open APIs extend the value of the Act-On platform to better serve the business demands of its growing customer base. The RESTful APIs which use OAuth for authentication enable third party developers to build applications that take advantage of Act-On's marketing automation platform. This includes enriching external applications and sites using profile data from Act-On, optimizing content creation using Act-On's SEO tools, and bringing marketing data to augment other customer facing activities. The Act-On Developer Program includes all the resources necessary to help developers build, test, and launch their applications.
"Vendor product suites in new disciplines like marketing automation are still expanding and do not yet provide all the joined up thinking a CMO might need out of the box," said Matt Mullen, Senior Analyst, Digital Marketing at 451 Group. "We see forward thinking independent companies making up for this by opening up their integration points and encouraging the creation of third party solutions that provide CMOs with access to all the action points they require."
Act-On already integrates with over 20 third party applications including the major CRM systems, webinar providers, social media applications, content management systems and data providers. Current third party integrations include Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, SugarCRM and NetSuite for customer relationship management, WebEx and Citrix for webinars, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for social media, Wordpress, Drupal, Curata, and NewzSocial for content management, Kwanzoo for advertising, and data providers Data.com and FullContact. This list of integrations is expected to grow even more rapidly with developers now having access to Act-On's open APIs.
Act-On's marketing automation platform also has new capabilities designed for Agency Partners, enabling the better management and provisioning of accounts. This gives agencies the ability to:
- Manage all of their clients' accounts with one, central log-in;
- Provision the number of contacts to each of their clients' accounts;
- Assign, and reassign, account managers and teams to specific client accounts;
- Share content across accounts.
Resources on APEX
The Act-On Partner Exchange (APEX) site has also been enhanced to better serve the needs of customers and partners. These include the following:
- A comprehensive directory of partners and applications featured by category to make it simple for customers to review, source, and select the right APEX app that meets business demand. For a complete list of the currently integrated applications, visit the APEX directory at: http://www.act-on.com/partners/find-a-partner
- Resources for developers such as documentation, sample code, and access to discussion forums
- Best practice guides and tools in the Act-On Center of Excellence to help partners better service their customers
Converse with us on Twitter, circle us on Google+ and get to know our company on LinkedIn and Facebook. For marketing best practices and tips, read our Marketing Action blog. Use #ActOnSW and join the social conversation.
Act-On is a leading provider of integrated marketing automation software, helping 1900+ companies to tie inbound, outbound and nurturing programs together -- across email, web, mobile, and social. Our customers achieve superior Return on Marketing Investment by using sophisticated behavioral data to increase engagement throughout the customer lifecycle, reduce the cost of customer acquisition, and strengthen customer loyalty. Act-On's fresh approach to marketing automation gives its users full functionality without the complexity other systems impose, and makes campaign creation and program execution easier and faster. Act-On offers a best-in-class professional services team, around the clock customer support, and the APEX ecosystem of partners to provide clients with the tools they need to achieve marketing success.
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- Cloud Computing Takes Not-for-Profits to New Heights
- M, comme Microsoft, M comme... Minable !
- Dell Delivers Connected Security Vision with Innovative Solutions and Capabilities
- The Enthusiastic Employee: How Companies Profit by Giving Workers What They Want (2nd Ed) Book Review
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Cloud Expo Silicon Valley: Big Data Analytics with Google Cloud Platform
- File Sharing +1 : Harnessing Google’s Cloud Collaboration Architecture
- Brightlink Chooses Net Optics Director Pro to Raise Performance Levels
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?