|By Business Wire||
|October 29, 2013 10:48 AM EDT||
Virtacore, a leading cloud services provider specializing in Infrastructure as a Service solutions utilizing VMware, announced a new partnership with Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security as a Service solutions for the cloud. As part of Virtacore’s ongoing commitment to security in the cloud, the company is providing best-of-class tools to enable customers to safely move their IT assets to the cloud. Through this new partnership, Alert Logic’s intrusion detection, log management, and 24x7 monitoring services will be available to Virtacore customers – several of which have already added Alert Logic solutions to their cloud environments.
“The number-one concern that current and potential clients are telling us about is security,” said George Naspo, CEO of Virtacore. “We are building a complete portfolio of security services and tools that makes it easy for our customers to use in their Virtacore cloud. Alert Logic is a leader in this space and we are very pleased to be working with them.”
Alert Logic regularly investigates and shares research on real world threats based on incident data taken from its more than 2,300 customers. Its most recent study, published in the State of Cloud Security Report from Spring of 2013, found that enterprise data centers still house most of an organization’s high-value data—intellectual property, trade secrets, sensitive personal information—making them attractive targets for purposeful, criminal attacks. After careful analysis of the incident occurrence, incident frequency and threat diversity of attacks in the cloud versus the enterprise, and Alert Logic determined that cloud hosted customers are less likely to experience most types of security incidents, demonstrating that the cloud is not inherently less safe than the enterprise data center environment.
“We are excited to partner with companies like Virtacore that prioritize the delivery of tools that allow their customers to securely operate in the cloud,” said Dave Colesante, Alert Logic’s Senior Vice President of Product Development and CTO. “Alert Logic’s SaaS offering and delivery model will allow Virtacore customers to quickly deploy security services and immediately address the security requirements of their environments.”
Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, provides solutions to secure the application and infrastructure stack. By integrating advanced security tools with 24×7 Security Operations Center expertise, customers can defend against security threats and address compliance mandates. By leveraging an “as-a-Service” delivery model, Alert Logic solutions include day-to-day management of security infrastructure, security experts translating complex data into actionable insight, and flexible deployment options to address customer security needs in any computing environment. Built from the ground up to address the unique challenges of public and private cloud environments, Alert Logic partners with over half of the largest cloud and hosting service providers to provide Security-as-a-Service solutions for business application deployments for over 2,300 enterprises. Alert Logic is based in Houston, Texas, and was founded in 2002. For more information, please visit www.alertlogic.com.
Virtacore is a leading cloud services provider specializing in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware. With over twelve years of experience in cloud and Internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud Infrastructure as a Service solutions built on leading edge cloud technologies to meet the critical needs of clients. The Company also offers disaster recovery solutions and Google Apps for Business integration. Based in Sterling, Virginia, Virtacore is wholly owned by IKANO Communications and backed by Insight Venture Partners. To learn more about Virtacore visit: www.virtacore.com or follow Virtacore on twitter: @virtacore.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?