|By Pat Romanski||
|November 2, 2013 02:00 PM EDT||
Slide Deck: WebRTC & the Codec War
The codec war is raging now more than ever before. The increased popularity of the proposed WebRTC protocol and the implied royalty costs make this a hot topic. Google, Cisco, Microsoft and now finally Apple are promoting their preferred technology and attempting to influence the choice to be made for WebRTC. The choice is far from clear especially in light of the latest technology advances, the transcoding infrastructure costs involved and the impact on mobile devices.
In his session at 1st WebRTC Summit, Soufiane Houri shared Weemo's multi-year experience developing on top of the leading video and voice codecs. He provided some perspective on the advantages of each across devices taking into account hardware and software-based video acceleration and the impact each have on the end user.
Soufiane Houri is the VP of Product at Weemo where he owns product strategy and product marketing. He is setting product direction and leading development of next-generation API-centric cloud video collaboration solutions. Before joining Weemo as the first executive to establish and launch the company in the U.S., he led product management and engineering teams at Cisco Systems. For over 12 years there, he spearheaded the development of innovative hardware and software solutions in Voice and Video over IP (real-time and streaming) and Wireless. Soufiane has overseen multiple product development roadmaps and been directly involved in strategic relationships with large enterprises, telecom carriers, global call centers, systems integrators and technology partners. He holds an MBA from Babson College F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business and a dual Bachelor's of Science in Computer Information Systems and Management from the University of Massachusetts.
A Rock Star Faculty, Top Keynotes, Sessions, and Top Delegates!
Cloud Expo® 2014 New York, June 10-12, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
All main layers of the Cloud ecosystem will be represented at the 14th International Cloud Expo® - the infrastructure players, the platform providers, and those offering applications, and they'll all be here to speak, sponsor, exhibit and network.
for Cloud Expo® 2014 New York
Cloud Expo® 2014 New York "show prospectus" has shipped. Sponsorship, exhibit, and keynote opportunities can be obtained from Carmen Gonzalez by email at events (at) sys-con.com, or by phone 201 802-3021.
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream at www.sys-con.com - featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security - interwoven with market-leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Expo® (www.CloudComputingExpo.com), Big Data Expo (http://BigDataExpo.net), SDN Expo (http://SDNexpo.co), Virtualization Conference & Expo (www.VirtualizationConference.com), WebRTC Summit (http://webrtcsummit.net), Government IT Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com), and Cloud Computing Bootcamp (www.CloudComputingBootcamp.com).
Cloud Expo®, Cloud Expo® East, Cloud Expo® West, Cloud Expo® New York, Cloud Expo® Silicon Valley, Cloud Expo® Europe, Cloud Expo® Tokyo, Cloud Expo® Prague, Cloud Expo® Hong Kong, Cloud Expo® Sao Paolo are trademarks and /or registered trademarks (USPTO serial number 85633366, registration no. 4378577) of Cloud Expo, Inc.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?