|By PR.com Newswire||
|October 29, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
McLean, VA, October 29, 2013 --(PR.com)-- XOWi Inc., a McLean, VA based Wearable and Ubiquitous Technology company today announced a partnership with Ordr.in, the world's only restaurant ecommerce ordering platform for restaurants and publishers, to power the XOWi Voice Badge's food ordering capabilities. By integrating with Ordr.in, XOWi will enable users of the XOWi Voice Badge to order food by simply speaking.
"Ordering a meal by voice is completely natural," said David Bloom, CEO of Ordr.in. "It's how people do it in restaurants every day. We are thrilled to be part of XOWi's computer-enabled voice activated ordering system. A great use of Ordr.in and a great product!"
"Often in our busy life, especially at work, we just want to order something quick," said Ahmed Bouzid, XOWi CEO. "And usually, we are not really choosy: we have three or four things that we like to eat and we just want to get the food delivered fast. With XOWi, you can do this easily by building your menu one time online through the XOWi web portal, giving each menu item a name, and then, when you later want to order, you just speak to your wearable XOWi Voice Badge and literally say, "XOWi: I am hungry." XOWi will then ask you what you want to eat, you answer it by giving it one of the menu names you created, and that's it. It's that easy."
"The food ordering capability is a first among Voice Assistants," Weiye Ma, CTO at XOWi said. "And that is what sets XOWi apart from Siri or Google Now, or any other assistant. We have a platform upon which we and our partner developers can build new interaction capabilities. The sky is the limit."
The XOWi Voice Badge pairs with the user’s smart device and comes with a companion App that runs on all of the major mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Microsoft and Blackberry. Crucial also is the availability of an open API that will enable developers to add functionality and content to XOWi.
To find out more about XOWi, go to http://www.xowi.me/
"XOWi is Like Your Very Own Star Trek Com Badge" CrunchWear - http://www.crunchwear.com/xowi-like-star-trek-com-badge/
"The XOWi concept is a groundbreaking way to get the benefits of computing while keeping the distractions of operating a user interface to an absolute minimum. This device will be an enormously valuable addition to all of our daily lives." - Dr. Debbie Dahl, Principal, Conversational Technologies - http://www.conversational-technologies.com/
"We are excited by this promising team’s effort to build a device and platform that will enable users to interact effortlessly with digital services and the Internet of Things." - Inside Activity Tracking - http://bit.ly/199mgMM
"Wearable computing is emerging as a significant new trend in our industry, and XOWi is superbly positioned to take full advantage of the growing enthusiasm in this area." - K. W. 'Bill' Scholz, President, Applied Voice Input Output Society (AVIOS)
About XOWi Inc.
XOWi Inc. was founded by Ahmed Bouzid and Weiye Ma, two speech technology innovators with a life long passion for bringing voice solutions and products to the mainstream. The two became convinced in the past few months that the time for Wearable Voice had come. The XOWi Personal Voice Companion badge is their first product towards fulfilling that mission. The co-founders are the authors of a new book: "Don't Make Me Tap! A Common Sense Approach to Voice Usability" – available on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Me-Tap-Usability/dp/1492196517
Follow XOWi on Twitter via @xowime. For more information, visit http://www.xowi.me
XOWi™ is a trademark of XOWi Inc. All other trademarks, registered trademarks and products mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
Read the full story here: http://www.pr.com/press-release/524547
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?