|By Marketwired .||
|October 31, 2013 01:47 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - October 31, 2013) - realSociable, a Perpetual Prospecting platform that manages contact information with social context, enabling sales people to concentrate on building relationships and forming connections, is pleased to announce today its partnership with Macadamian Technologies, a premier full-service software design and development firm, to lead the strategy of its next gen suite.
Macadamian, who recently celebrated 16 years, has a long history of design and software innovation to support Enterprise solutions including HP, Microsoft and Salesforce.com. As a result of this partnership, Macadamian will extend their expertise and reach to lead this project with the development of interactive design to reflect the upcoming features of the next-generation of realSociable. The new release will also extend to mobile access and will be available to realSociable's salesforce.com users who are on the go.
tailoredUX, an expert User Experience design firm that partners with start-ups to create great products and experiences, is collaborating on the project bringing in its expertise in user experience design and product development to help realSociable drive adoption across large enterprises.
"We have great information and offer business value, and since the entire product is inspired by the savviest of sales people, our new release will have the core analytics and prospecting essentials based on our patented methods to be 'always aware' in order to enable sales people to power qualify and drive velocity of pipeline," says Dalia Asterbadi, CEO of realSociable. "Leveraging the talent of product experts to easily and intuitively support our solution is an integral part of our mission of giving sales people the tools to empower their goals and give them the shortest path to those goals, while making it look ridiculously easy! We are excited to collaborate with winning and innovative teams."
"Our customers rely on domain expertise and our cutting-edge talent to connect users with business value and ease of use. We believe in the mission of realSociable and are excited to execute the design strategy with a talented group," said Dinesh Kandanchatha, Managing Director, Macadamian. "By harnessing the power of the platform, with the power of intuitive design, the impact this will have to existing and future customers will be extremely powerful."
"User experience is key to achieving product success and adoption," said Mustefa Jo'shen, Partner, tailoredUX. "We are excited to partner with realSociable and Macadamian to create intelligent systems that harness social media channels to empower smart connectivity between individuals by cutting through the noise of a hyper-connected web."
Ridiculously Easy Prospecting
Rapid improvement in technology have changed the rules of selling. Buyers have more knowledge and power every day. In this world of lengthening sales cycles, how can salespeople restore the balance, compete effectively and accelerate their pipeline velocity? What if you always know what customers and prospects are thinking? An 'always aware' salesperson instantly stands out, relates easily with customers, ruthlessly qualifies, and prioritizes real deals to never miss an opportunity.
realSociable's Perpetual Prospecting technology identifies actionable intention signals in your customer's social footprint and discovers the information that really matters: common connections, prospects or colleagues connected, important news, and competitive intelligence. All automatically and in real-time. Perpetual Prospecting with realSociable is a launch pad to power qualifying, accurate prioritizing and driving new deals, client retention, up-sells and advancing leads.
realSociable takes care of the technology and data complexity so you get back to the basics and build strong and trusted customer relationships.
If you had ESP with your customers, what would that do for you and your business? realSociable is inspired by and designed after the best sales teams and tactics that allow them to close deals, even against competitive pressure. In just the first quarter our customers had noticeable improvements in sales capacity and velocity.
To sign up for early releases or provide feedback, email us at: support@realSociable.com.
People do business with people! realSociable creates opportunity for sales people to engage their customer with real-time, contextual, and intelligent information, rather than laborious hit-or-miss research. By harnessing the power of the open web and social networks, realSociable delivers "Perpetual Prospecting". They expose the risks and highlight the opportunity of the sales funnel, thereby helping companies retain customers and accelerate their cycles by up to 35% in some cases. realSociable's "Perpetual Prospecting" gives sales a laser focus on the things that matter -- when they matter. The app improves sales process efficiency by embedding your lead's and client's personal online footprint into one view within CRM while maintaining the integrity of user roles and territories. Most importantly, realSociable converts the time spent on discovery and guessing into actionable time focused on customer engagement. realSocialable is privately held, founded in 2011 in Toronto, Canada, with offices in San Francisco, California. Customers include wealth management, telco and large technology enterprise, predominantly in B2B. Contact us at www.realsociable.com.
Macadamian (www.macadamian.com) collaborates with some of the largest technology companies in the world to create inspiring software that stands out and enriches lives. The company excels at all stages of the product-development lifecycle -- from research to design to development. With more than 750 completed projects worldwide, its clients include industry leaders such as Avaya, BlackBerry, Entrust, TELUS and Microsoft. For both established and emerging technologies, Macadamian helps clients create successful products on a complete range of desktop, Web and mobile platforms.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?