|By PR Newswire||
|September 5, 2007 07:25 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Sept. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Centrify Corporation today announced that Windows IT Pro presented Centrify DirectControl the Editors' Choice award for Cross-Platform Identity Management Solutions for Single Sign-On in the September 2007 issue of Windows IT Pro magazine. As the only solution to receive 5 out of 5 stars, DirectControl was highlighted for its ability to deliver secure access control and authentication capabilities by integrating non-Microsoft platforms with Active Directory in highly complex and heterogeneous environments. "Centrify DirectControl wins the Editors' Choice award, as it is the most robust product .... You can't go wrong if you choose Centrify," wrote reviewers Darren Ehmke and Eric Rux.
The detailed review analyzed how UNIX, Linux and Mac systems could be integrated within an Active Directory environment to enable single sign-on (SSO) and address regulatory compliance requirements around identity management in a cross-platform environment. The reviewers conferred the Editors' Choice award on DirectControl in a comparative review noting DirectControl's thorough documentation, smooth installation, and straightforward set-up wizards. They cited the sophistication of DirectControl's Group Policy support and its patent-pending Zone capability -- a means to logically group systems to simplify administration and deliver more granular access control. Additionally, the editors appreciated the comprehensive reporting capabilities and software development kit that provided additional flexibility to administrators.
"This recognition from the technical experts at Windows IT Pro reflects the same reasons that hundreds of our enterprise customers -- including over 25% of the Fortune 50-have cited when selecting Centrify DirectControl," said David McNeely, director of product management at Centrify. "Centrify DirectControl's robustness combined with its ease of use makes it their preferred solution for centrally securing their systems, applications and databases using Microsoft Active Directory."
The complete article is available at http://www.windowsitpro.com/articles/print.cfm?articleid=96592
Centrify DirectControl delivers secure access control and centralized identity management by seamlessly integrating UNIX, Linux, Mac, web and database platforms with Microsoft Active Directory. DirectControl is non-intrusive, easy to deploy and manage, and is the only solution that both enables fine-grained access control through its unique Zone technology and does not require Active Directory schema extensions.
Centrify is a leading provider of auditing, access control and identity management solutions that centrally secure an organization's heterogeneous systems, web applications, databases and storage systems using Microsoft Active Directory. Centrify DirectControl (http://www.centrify.com/directcontrol/) secures an organization's non-Microsoft platforms using the same authentication, authorization and Group Policy services deployed for its Windows environment. Centrify DirectAudit (http://www.centrify.com/directaudit/) complements DirectControl by delivering auditing, logging and real-time monitoring of user activity on non-Microsoft systems. Together, they help organizations improve IT efficiency, better comply with regulatory requirements, and move toward a more secure, connected infrastructure for their heterogeneous computing environment. For more information about Centrify and its DirectControl and DirectAudit solutions, call +1 650-961-1100 or visit http://www.centrify.com/
Centrify is a registered trademark, and DirectControl and DirectAudit are trademarks of Centrify Corporation. Other names used in this document are trademarks of their respective companies.Centrify Corporation
CONTACT: Tom Cromelin of Centrify Corporation, +1-925-997-8459,
Web site: http://www.centrify.com/
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?