|By Marketwired .||
|October 24, 2007 09:00 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 10/24/07 -- A world leader in high-speed communications testing and monitoring technology, Finisar Corporation (NASDAQ: FNSR) today announced the availability of its new Xgig® 8G Fibre Channel Load Tester. The Xgig platform is used by developers and SAN architects worldwide to test, analyze, and validate the performance of the entire spectrum of Fibre Channel SAN equipment, ranging from chips to large scale systems. With this new load tester Finisar now provides full line-rate load testing for the new generation of 8 Gb/s Fibre Channel products. This load testing is accomplished using Finisar's industry-leading Xgig Test and Development Platform, supplemented by the industry's most comprehensive suite of SAN testing and protocol analysis capabilities.
The 8G Fibre Channel Load Tester is part of the Xgig unified platform and allows users to easily combine Load Tester capabilities with existing development tools. Thus, Xgig provides fully integrated SAN fabric validation with protocol analysis. The ability to access the industry's broadest range of multiprotocol tools serving such protocols as Fibre Channel, SAS/SATA, and iSCSI, through a single test platform makes the Xgig unique in the industry. The unified platform and easy to use GUI simplifies testing for faster new product introduction.
"Finisar's Xgig multi-function platform provides Brocade great flexibility in accelerating development, validation, and time to market of new products," said Joseph Giulianelli, senior product test manager, Brocade. "With the full line rate generation abilities of Finisar's Load Tester, we can test our new generation switches and deliver the highest quality product our customers demand."
The 8G Fibre Channel Load Tester provides full line-rate testing of 8G Fibre Channel switches, supports 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/second data rates, and scales to 64 ports. With load testing, the Xgig platform offers the industry's most comprehensive range of SAN development capabilities.
"Finisar is the time-to-market and market share leader for the Fibre Channel and SAN protocol analysis markets, according to Frost & Sullivan," said Paul Hansen, vice-president of marketing at Finisar. "With the new Load Tester, Finisar further demonstrates its commitment to provide the industry's most complete solution for the development and validation of Fibre Channel SAN equipment. The Xgig with load testing enables storage vendors to improve the quality and speed to market of their latest technology offerings."
The Xgig 8G Fibre Channel Load Tester is now shipping worldwide with pricing starting at $50,000. For more information about Finisar's proven networking solutions, visit www.finisar.com/xgig/ or contact a Finisar Solution Expert at 1.408.548.1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finisar Corporation (NASDAQ: FNSR) is a global technology leader for fiber optic components and subsystems and network test and monitoring systems. These products enable high-speed voice, video and data communications for networking, storage and wireless applications over Local Area Networks (LANs), Storage Area Networks (SANs), and Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs) using Ethernet, Fibre Channel, IP, SAS, SATA and SONET/SDH protocols. The Company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, USA. More information can be found at www.finisar.com.
SAFE HARBOR UNDER THE PRIVATE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACTS OF 1995
The statements contained in this press release that are not purely historical are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, including statements regarding Finisar's expectations, beliefs, intentions, or strategies regarding the future. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are based upon information available to Finisar as of the date hereof, and Finisar assumes no obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. These risks include those associated with the rapidly evolving markets for Finisar's products and uncertainty regarding the development of these markets; Finisar's historical dependence on sales to a limited number of customers and fluctuations in the mix of customers in any period; ongoing new product development and introduction of new and enhanced products; the challenges of rapid growth followed by periods of contraction; and intensive competition. Further information regarding these and other risks relating to Finisar's business is set forth in Finisar's Annual Report on Form 10-K and other interim reports as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?