|By RIA News Desk||
|June 10, 2009 05:30 AM EDT||
The conference theme of the 8th International AJAXWorld RIA Conference & Expo, to be held September 22–23, 2009 in San Francisco, CA, is 'Good User Experiences Are Good Business.' The Call for Papers, which is now open, welcomes submissions from exceptional speakers with high-quality use cases of investing in user experience (UX) design to provide strong return on investment (ROI). Case studies from companies that have chosen to invest in UX and UI, with measurable benefits, are especially encouraged.
Co-located with 16th International SOA World Conference & Expo, the combined event will feature 100+ breakout sessions, General Sessions, industry keynotes and discussion panels, as well as a 2-day Expo Floor.
The submissions process is 100% online:
Call for Papers Now Open - Submit Your Speaking Proposal Here ! (Deadline June 30, 2009)
The business value of RIAs is very clear: aesthetics do matter and users would like a pleasant experience.
Most enterprise applications are based on old client-server technology with high cost of ownership and lack of flexibility. Switching to the Web as a platform for mission-critical applications is very appealing as it lowers the TCO significantly.
Accordingly, the AJAXWorld RIA Conference Advisory Board welcomes submissions on all topics relevant to rich-content RIA web development , including...
Topics will include:
- The Business Case for Rich Internet Applications
- JavaFX vs Silverlight vs Flash/Flex/AIR
- Security & RIAs
- AIR 1.5, Flex 3.x & 4, Curl 7.0, Open Laszlo 4.3, Silverlight 2.0 etc
- Rico 2.0, Zend Framework 1.5 etc
- Comet / Reverse AJAX
- Event-Driven Web / Real-Time Web
- UX Engineering (User eXperience)
- Flex Gumbo
- Scaling Rich Internet Applications
- JavaFX vs Silverlight vs Flash/Flex
- Enterprise Collaboration
- UUE - Unified User Experience
- Enterprise AJAX
- "User-Proofing" RIAs
- Rich-Web Development
- Adobe AIR 1.5
- Usability Design
- Standards & Interop
- OpenAjax Alliance
- Building RIAs with Java Standards
Ideal candidates are front and back-end engineers who have first-hand experience in the development or implementation of Rich Internet Applications and enterprise-level use of rich-web technologies, executives of companies engaged in such driving business value out of such activities, and/or analysts/VCs with a passion for helping to unleash the business value of RIAs.
.NET, Java, and Open Source (LAMP) developers involved in building, deploying, or maintaining RIAs and IT/IS management involved in IT integration and related issues are also welcome.
If you have something substantive, challenging, and original to offer, you are encouraged to submit a proposal. In the proposal, please highlight previous speaking engagements including classroom or course work. Please provide contact information that will allow us to reach you to evaluate presentation skills. Past SYS-CON Events speakers do not need to provide references.
Benefits of Being a Member of the AJAXWorld RIA Conference Faculty
Speakers will receive unprecedented visibility in pre-conference promotions. They will also receive exposure via the accompanying AJAXWorld Conference & Expo 2008 West conference portal for many months prior to and following the conference. Sessions may be recorded and made available via the Internet to a wider audience (at the discretion of SYS-CON Events). Speakers will have the benefit of attending the entire conference as our VIP guest, with a complimentary Golden Pass (Full Conference pass).
Guidelines for Submitting a Proposal
- All submissions become the property of SYS-CON Events. All conference breakout sessions are vendor-neutral.
- Proprietary or confidential material should not be included.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?