|By PR Newswire||
|June 18, 2008 09:30 AM EDT||
The technology, which defends against potential attacks carried out by the operators of systems, was developed for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, by Teknowledge Corporation, Palo Alto, Calif.
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) is working with Teknowledge to evaluate the technology's potential by applying it to a multi-domain situational awareness system that Raytheon developed for defense and homeland security.
The effort was inspired by Raytheon's desire to advance the state of the art for detecting and blocking potential information compromises initiated by users who operate the nation's defense systems.
The technology interprets an operator's behavior in the context of the operator's role and the current state of the system. It determines whether the action would harm the system or compromise information and blocks potentially harmful operator action.
"Protecting defense systems from inadvertent or malicious operator actions is vitally important," said Mark Russell, vice president, IDS Engineering. "Threats from within may represent a vulnerability to these systems."
The contract will evaluate the effectiveness of the protective mechanism in a real operational environment, according to Tom Bracewell, Raytheon's program manager.
"We are evaluating the technology in actual applications and threat scenarios," Bracewell said. "It has the potential to become a common approach for insider threat mitigation in many defense programs."
Integrated Defense Systems is Raytheon's leader in Joint Battlespace Integration providing affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon Company, with 2007 sales of $21.3 billion, is a technology leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 86 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 72,000 people worldwide.
Contact: Mike Nason 703.419.1421Raytheon Company
CONTACT: Mike Nason, +1-703-419-1421
Web site: http://www.raytheon.com/
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?