|By Jeremy Geelan||
|March 29, 2009 09:45 AM EDT||
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dr Kristof Kloeckner will present the keynote address at the upcoming 2nd International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo, being held March 30-April 1, 2009, in New York City.
Drawing on IBM's experience of working with customers and operating 13 cloud centers worldwide, Kristof Kloeckner, CTO of Enterprise Initiatives and VP of Cloud Computing Platforms, IBM Software Group, will review the conditions under which cloud computing can deliver its promise of flexibility and cost savings in the delivery of IT services to the enterprise.
In his keynote, Kristof Kloeckner will discuss the importance of dynamic infrastructures and service management for both public and private clouds, cloud service life cycles, and integration between public clouds and enterprise services. He will also talk about the standards required for interoperability between clouds and application scenarios that demonstrate the use of cloud computing in an enterprise context for a smarter planet.
Kristof Kloeckner will be speaking on March 31, 2009. Cloud Computing Expo 2009 East is a three-day event, which is being held at The Roosevelt Hotel in New York City.
1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo took place last November with more than 1,200 delegates. See conference photo album here.
In addition to Kloeckner's keynote, Amazon's CTO Dr. Werner Vogels will be delivering the opening keynote on Day One. Plus over 100 technical breakout sessions, general sessions, discussion panels, and more. Below we bring you a selection of the technical- and strategy-focused sessions we have on offer March 30-April 1. If additionally you'd like to follow the event on Twitter, then you can do so right away today by clicking on the Twitter logo to the left.
You can also follow the Event and those planning to attend by connecting to the Event on LinkedIn.
Register Today and Save !
Cloud Computing Conference & Expo 2009 East features a top-notch lineup of speakers from the leading industry players of the main layers of the Cloud ecosystem - the infrastructure players, the platform providers, and those offering applications and services. The lineup includes, among others:
- Vik Chaudhary - VP of Corporate Development, Keynote Systems
- Peter Coffee - Director of Platform Research, Salesforce.com
- Doug Tidwell - Senior Software Engineer, IBM
- Prasad Rampalli - VP, Digital Enterprise Group, Intel
- David Bernstein - VP & GM of Cloud Computing, Cisco
- Glenn Brunette - Chief Security Architect, Sun
- Sajai Krishnan - CEO, ParaScale
- Ken Oestreich - Vice President, Egenera
- Patrick Kerpan - CTO, CohesiveFT
- Thorsten von Eicken - CTO and Co-Founder, RightScale
- Scott Sanchez - Chief Technology Architect, Unisys
- Scott Wiener - Co-Founder & CTO, Cloud9 Analytics
- Jeff Bauer - Creative Director, Forbes.com
- Anthony Arrott - Special Assistant to the CTO, Trend Micro
- Stuart Charlton - Chief Software Architect, Elastra
- David Bressler - Principal Architect, Progress Software
- Raghavan Srinivas - Technology Evangelist, Intuit
- Brian Zanghi - President & CEO, Kadient
- Kevin Jackson - Director of Business Development, Dataline
- Bob Quinn - Founder, Chairman & CTO of 3Leaf Systems
- David Linthicum - Editor-in-Chief, Virtualization Journal
- Bill McColl - Founder & CEO, Cloudscale
- Omer Trajman - Director of Field Engineering, Vertica Systems
- Jon Pyke - Chief Strategy Officer, Cordys
The organizing principle of each Cloud Computing Conference & Expo is that through our intensive 3-day schedule of keynotes, general and breakout sessions, attending delegates will be assured of leaving the Conference with abundant resources, ideas and examples they can apply immediately to leveraging the Cloud, helping them to maximize performance, minimize cost and improve the scale of their endeavors.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?