|By Cloud News Desk||
|February 27, 2009 05:45 PM EST||
What, aside from a professional passion for the Enterprise IT possibilities of cloud computing, do IBM's Cloud CTO Dr Kristof Kloeckner, Amazon's VP & CTO Dr Werner Vogels and Sun's Cloud SVP David Douglas have in common? The answer is that all three are giving a major keynote address at SYS-CON' 2nd International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo being held next month in New York City (March 30-April).
IBM, Sun and Amazon headline a technical program of the very highest excellence, with top industry speakers from the industry's leading companies such as Microsoft, HP, Yahoo!, Salesforce, Intel, 3tera, Trend Micro, Cisco, Keynote Systems, VIRTERA, AppSense, ParaScale, ExactTarget, Corporate Technologies, RightScale, Cordys, 3Leaf Systems, Egenera, Elastra, CohesiveFT, Kadient, eyeOS, Zeus, Dataline, Cloudscale, Blue Mountain Labs, Cumulux, Unisys, Intuit, Aria Systems, Canonical, Cloud9 Analytics, Vertica, Xeround, Zuora; from analysts like The 451 Group; and from end users like Stanford University, the Ohio State Dept. of Transportation, Quark, and Forbes.com.
Opening Keynote - March 30
Building the right infrastructure that can scale up or down at a moment's notice - the very essence of Cloud Computing - has become ever more crucial in today's challenging business landscape.
But it can be a complicated and expensive task, which is why we're pleased to have the Chief Technology Officer of Amazon.com, Dr. Werner Vogels, give the Opening Keynote at the 2nd International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo, being held March 30-April 1, 2009.
Join us in New York City to hear first-hand about Infrastructure as a Service and the lessons Amazon.com learned from building one of the world's largest distributed systems.
Dr Vogels will explore the many challenges of building a reliable, flexible architecture that can manage unpredictable behaviors of today's internet business. The main focus of his keynote session will be state management - one of the dominating factors in the scalability, reliability, performance and cost-effectiveness of the overall system.
Day Two Keynote - March 31
Drawing on IBM's experience of working with customers and operating 13 cloud centers worldwide, Kristof Kloeckner, CTO of Enterprise Initiatives and VP of Cloud Computing Platforms, IBM Software Group, will review the conditions under which cloud computing can deliver its promise of flexibility and cost savings in the delivery of IT services to the enterprise.
In his keynote, Kristof Kloeckner will discuss the importance of dynamic infrastructures and service management for both public and private clouds, cloud service life cycles, and integration between public clouds and enterprise services. He will also talk about the standards required for interoperability between clouds and application scenarios that demonstrate the use of cloud computing in an enterprise context for a smarter planet.
Day Three Keynote - 1st April
Sun's Sr. VP of Cloud Computing, David Douglas, will be joining Amazon's CTO Dr Werner Vogels and IBM's Cloud Computing CTO Kristof Kloeckner.
Sun is committed to making Cloud Computing - scaling up instantly to massive capacities to meet changing needs using the Web - a reality. And whereas some clouds are closed platforms that lock you in, Sun's open source philosophy and Java principles form the core of a strategy that provides interoperability for large-scale computing resources. Sun envisions a world of many open, interoperable clouds - public, private and hybrid - driven by different application types. Cloud computing, Sun reminds the industry on its corporate web site devoted to the subject, "is about managing petascale data" - and its server and storage systems are all designed "to radically improve the data-intensive computing emerging in the cloud." All without having to invest in new infrastructure, train new personnel, or license new software.
Douglas, who also serves as Sun's Chief Sustainability Officer, will be speaking on April 1, 2009 at 8:30AM. Cloud Computing Conference & Expo 2009 East is a three-day event, and is being held at The Roosevelt Hotel in New York City.
You can follow the Event - and those planning to attend - by connecting to the Event on LinkedIn.
Register Today and Save !
Cloud Computing Conference & Expo 2009 East features a top-notch lineup of speakers from the leading industry players of the main layers of the Cloud ecosystem - the infrastructure players, the platform providers, and those offering applications and services. The lineup includes, among others:
- Vik Chaudhary - VP of Corporate Development, Keynote Systems
- Peter Coffee - Director of Platform Research, Salesforce.com
- Doug Tidwell - Senior Software Engineer, IBM
- Prasad Rampalli - VP, Digital Enterprise Group, Intel
- David Bernstein - VP & GM of Cloud Computing, Cisco
- Glenn Brunette - Chief Security Architect, Sun
- Sajai Krishnan - CEO, ParaScale
- Ken Oestreich - Vice President, Egenera
- Patrick Kerpan - CTO, CohesiveFT
- Thorsten von Eicken - CTO and Co-Founder, RightScale
- Scott Sanchez - Chief Technology Architect, Unisys
- Scott Wiener - Co-Founder & CTO, Cloud9 Analytics
- Jeff Bauer - Creative Director, Forbes.com
- Anthony Arrott - Special Assistant to the CTO, Trend Micro
- Stuart Charlton - Chief Software Architect, Elastra
- David Bressler - Principal Architect, Progress Software
- Raghavan Srinivas - Technology Evangelist, Intuit
- Brian Zanghi - President & CEO, Kadient
- Kevin Jackson - Director of Business Development, Dataline
- Bob Quinn - Founder, Chairman & CTO of 3Leaf Systems
- David Linthicum - Editor-in-Chief, Virtualization Journal
- Bill McColl - Founder & CEO, Cloudscale
- Omer Trajman - Director of Field Engineering, Vertica Systems
- Jon Pyke - Chief Strategy Officer, Cordys
The organizing principle of each Cloud Computing Conference & Expo is that through our intensive 3-day schedule of keynotes, general and breakout sessions, attending delegates will be assured of leaving the Conference with abundant resources, ideas and examples they can apply immediately to leveraging the Cloud, helping them to maximize performance, minimize cost and improve the scale of their endeavors.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- DataStax Announces New Startup Program Offering Free Software, as Well as Free Training Courses for Cassandra Users and New Developer Tool
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?