|By Patrick Sweeney||
|March 17, 2009 09:00 PM EDT||
Each year Chariot Solutions brings together the best and the brightest in emerging technologies at its annual Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise (ETE) Conference to collectively examine the latest trends impacting enterprise information technology. The 4th Annual ETE Conference, to be held March 26 and 27 in Philadelphia, continues the conference's trend of expanding its content each year to explore a wider range of technologies and their applications. As part of ETE 2009, a special Keynote Address will focus on the implications of emerging technology for a unique enterprise - a presidential campaign.
Jascha Franklin-Hodge, Chief Technology Officer and Founding Partner of Blue State Digital, will be presenting "Lessons from the Obama Online Campaign" as a special lunchtime Keynote Address on March 27 at 12:45 PM at the Philadelphia Marriott West. Blue State Digital specializes in wielding web-based tools to increase awareness, advocacy and fundraising capabilities for non-profits and social causes. These strengths in utilizing interactive content and social networks to build, mobilize and empower a purpose-driven online community have resulted in an unusual niche market - the political candidate. Franklin-Hodge and Blue State Digital were instrumental in developing the strategy and web technology platform for President Obama that that helped propel him to his historic victory.
A constant challenge for any candidate seeking office is energizing their support base, and finding ways to translate that support into donations. To create and sustain buzz throughout the lengthy election cycle, Blue State Digital devised and developed an unprecedented online fundraising, constituency building and peer-to-peer networking platform for the Obama for America online campaign. The result was a web presence that engaged Obama's supporters and encouraged them to take action. The fundraising tools deployed by Blue State Digital generated over $500 million in campaign contributions.
"Barack Obama's presidential campaign set a new standard for online engagement. At Blue State Digital, we helped to provide easy-to-use technology in order to communicate to supporters in action-oriented and personalized ways. All types of organizations, large and small, can make many of these tools and methods work for them," said Franklin-Hodge. "I look forward to sharing some of these strategies at the Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise Conference."
Much of the buzz around emerging technologies focuses on its cost-savings benefits. The efforts of Blue State demonstrate that these technologies, such as Web 2.0 and social networking tools, have the ability to open new channels for contributions or revenue. During his presentation, Franklin-Hodge will address how other organizations and businesses can adopt the tools and techniques utilized by the Obama campaign to engage their constituents and customers.
"ETE has always been a forum for exploring the current landscape of enterprise technologies and inspiring the next wave of game-changing development," said Tracey Welson-Rossman, Director of Business Development for Chariot Solutions. "We're very pleased to have Jascha delivering a Keynote this year. His behind-the-scenes account of the success Obama online campaign is a compelling case study for the power of emerging tech."
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?