|By Virtualization News||
|April 17, 2009 08:00 AM EDT||
“Through our long-standing collaboration with Cisco, we are enabling customers to tap deep into the power of their virtualized environment through a unified and scalable platform for a more efficient and streamlined experience,” said Tom Georgens, president and chief operating officer for NetApp, as it was announced yesterday that NetApp and Cisco are teaming up to provide customers with unified, dynamic data center solutions that are based on Cisco’s Unified Computing System and NetApp Unified Storage Architecture.
Cisco and NetApp will also collaborate on joint marketing efforts, such as the multi-city “Virtualized Dynamic Data Center Roadshow” with VMware and other select solution integration partners. NetApp will also participate in Cisco’s Data Center of the Future program. Both of these programs will focus on educating customers about NetApp and Cisco data center offerings.
SYS-CON's Recent 5th International Virtualization Conference & Expo was held in NYC
“Customers, especially in today’s current economic environment, are always looking for ways to simplify, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies in their data centers. These attributes become increasingly important with the shift toward the virtualized data center,” said Mario Mazzola, senior vice president, Server Access and Virtualization business unit, Cisco. “We are committed to working with NetApp to deliver to customers the foundation for a truly virtualized and unified data center. With its Unified Storage Architecture, NetApp will complement the Cisco Unified Computing System, helping many of our customers realize all of the benefits of the dynamic data center.”
In March, Cisco announced that NetApp is a participant in Cisco’s open ecosystem of partners for the Unified Computing System, which is focused on stimulating innovation, enhancing service delivery, and accelerating the market adoption of Unified Computing. In addition, Cisco and NetApp have a long history of collaboration and many common customers that have deployed Cisco and NetApp technologies and solutions in their data centers. NetApp supports and resells the Cisco Nexus 5000 and MDS data center switching products, and in 2008, Cisco and NetApp announced support for the industry’s first native FCoE storage array.
The two companies have also worked together on an Ethernet Unification Center of Excellence, located at NetApp’s campus in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, which was announced in February. The center features Ethernet-based protocols running on a Cisco 10 Gigabit Ethernet backbone.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?