|By SOA News Desk||
|June 21, 2009 06:45 PM EDT||
Federal IT organizations across the DoD and IC are facing costly data storage and data processing challenges stemming from the vast amount of information they collect and analyze as a part of their mission. To effectively organize and utilize these growing information stores, enterprise applications must be capable of performing large-scale, data-intensive processing. Federal enterprise infrastructures supporting such applications are often inadequate to address these challenges, and IT organizations incur lost time and greater costs trying to scale resources to meet storage and computing demand.
That is why Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH), in partnership with the Government, led a research and development pilot to address these challenges by leveraging Service-Oriented Architecture approaches to facilitate on-demand resource provisioning to fold into current business processes supported by IT capabilities.
The pilot is the focus of an upcoming breakout session at the 15th International SOA World Conference & Expo, being held from tomorrow, June 22-23 in New York City. The session, titled "SOA and Cloud Computing for On-Demand Parallel Processing," will describe how the BAH pilot employed emerging technologies and service-oriented architectures to assess the impact of executing parallelizable processes within a computing cloud.
The session is being given by Anthony Cincott, a Sr. Associate with Booz Allen Hamilton.
Another session in June that looks at the intersection of SOA and Cloud computing is being given by Tom Plunkett, an Instructor at Virginia Tech who has worked with SOA for the last five years, and Java enterprise technology for the last ten years. Called "Open Source SOA in the Cloud," Plunkett's session will be a look at some of the issues and challenges that face popular open source SOA solutions in the cloud.
View the Full SOA World Conference & Expo Schedule Here
Register Today and Save !
Former SOA World keynoter David Linthicum has written that cloud computing is accelerating the adoption of SOA by providing aspects of SOA on-demand.
In a recent article published at SOA World Magazine, he wrote:
"Clearly, SOA and cloud computing go hand-in-hand. Cloud computing is just the ability to leverage new platforms and resources that you don't happen to own. Nothing really changes outside of that, including the need to do SOA right."
SOA & Cloud Computing Keynote
IBM WebSphere Director of Product Management Dr. Kareem Yusuf will deliver a keynote on cloud computing and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) at the event.
In his session, "Convergence in the Cloud: How Cloud Computing and SOA Produce Real Change," Dr. Yusuf will explore various definitions and characteristics of cloud computing and how SOA influences both the creation and adoption of cloud. Drawing on his personal experiences in driving several initiatives at IBM around SOA, cloud computing and virtualization, Dr. Yusuf will also address the implications of technology evolution, market adoption and supporting business models.
Characteristics of the cloud, such as dynamic provisioning of resources, self service capabilities, and pay-for-use billing, are catching the eye of many enterprises across the globe. "Cloud computing and SOA share a unique relationship that will help to pave the way for both the creation and adoption of cloud solutions,” Dr. Yusuf said. “The flexible, agile environment of cloud computing bears similar characteristics to the environments offered by SOA. All of this represents a convergence of technological paradigms that offer bottom-line value to any organization."
Read Kareem Yusuf's blog, "The Forecast is Cloudy” at http://kareemyusuf.wordpress.com/.
About the Keynote Speaker:
Dr. Kareem Yusuf, IBM WebSphere Software Product Management Director, is based in Somers, New York. In his current role, Dr. Yusuf is responsible for managing the WebSphere Application Infrastructure Portfolio, including the WebSphere Application Server Family, WebSphere Commerce, and most recently, has driven key new offerings into market in support of virtualization and cloud computing. He focuses on the life-cycle management of the application infrastructure product portfolio, manages new product introduction, product evolution and the markets served. With his team, he covers a wider range of concerns ranging from market analysis and product strategy to product delivery and ecosystem development. In his previous role as IBM Software Group Director of SOA Strategy & Planning, Dr. Yusuf helped foster IBM's leadership position in SOA, all the while driving IBM's SOA strategy and managing the IBM SOA Foundation Portfolio.
15th International SOA World Conference & Expo
This June's SOA World, which is the world's number one longest-running SOA event, will feature parallel content-rich tracks reflecting the worldwide adoption of the distributed computing paradigm, in which web services are deployed through specific service-oriented architectures and in which reusable components are core to the overall vision.
The technical program in June in New York City will provide a framework about how to understand policies, composites, lifecycle governance, loose coupling, heterogeneous distributed systems, adaptability vs. stability, service portfolio management - every relevant aspect of SOA as a framework for constructing and interlinking a company's back-end systems with the overall goal of lowering cost and adding flexibility.
Many organizations have already adopted SOA development models to deliver flexible and agile application components, but SOA is about people as much as technology, which is why so many companies send delegates to SOA World to accelerate their journey toward becoming SOA-enabled enterprises.
Delegates Will Learn How SOA Can:
- Help their businesses respond more quickly and cost-effectively to changing market conditions
- Promote the goal of separating users (consumers) from the service implementations
- Let them achieve the optimum balance between business needs, technology potential, and IT costs
For more information on SOA World Conference and Expo 2009, please visit www.soaworld2009.com
SOA / WOA Technology Contributors of 2009
/n Software, Aberdeen Group, Abovo Group, AccelTree, activePDF, ActiveServers, Actuate, AdventNet, AgentWare, Agilent Technologies, AgilePath, Altova, AmberPoint, AMD, Amentra, American Coders, Amyuni, AppSense, Apptricity, Aprimo, Arbortext, Attachmate, Autodesk, Azul Systems, BEA Systems, B-hive, Black Hat, BlackDuck Software, BlueNote Networks, BMC Software, Borland, BroadVision, Business Objects, CA, CalAmp, CapGemini, Catalyst Systems, CheckFree, ClearApp, Codagen, COGNOS, ComponentSource, Composite Software, CSC, Compuware, Covalent, DevelopMentor, DigitalAssets, Eclipse.org, Embarcadero Technologies, EnterpriseDB, Fair Isaac, Farata Systems, Fiorano, Forum Systems, Fuego, Fujitsu, Gartner Group, Gizmox Systems, Global Knowledge, Gluecode Software, GT Software, Gutenberg Communications, HP, HiT Software, Hitachi, HP Bluestone, Information Builders, Interwoven, Ipedo, iTKO, J9 Technologies, Jacada, JustSystems, Layer 7 Technologies, LogicLibrary, LogiXML, MacroVision, Maestro CMS, Magoo Software, McAfee.com, Mellanox, Micro Focus, Mindreef, MKS / Mortice Kern Systems, NASTEL Technologies, NEON Systems, NetIQ, OMG, Object Management Group, ObjectBuilders, ObjectFocus, Objective Solutions, Open Text, OpenLogic, OpenMake, OpenSpan, OpTier, Optika, Oracle, PaperThin, PerfectXML, Perficient, Inc, preEmptive Solutions, Progress Software, Prolifics, Rackspace, Red Hat / JBoss, Rogue Wave, RSA Security, SAP, Sapiens, Seagull Software, Seapine Software, ServerLogic, SOALogix, SOAMatrix, Sonic Software, SpikeSource, StrikeIron, Sybase, Telelogic, Teradata, Thinstall, Thoughtworks, TIBCO Software, Tidal Software, VeriSign, Versant, Versata, Vertigo Software, Visual Numerics, Vitria, Vordel, Wakesoft, Web Age Solutions, WebLayers, Webmetrics, Websense, Wily Technology, WinMill Software, WSO2, XMethods, XMLCities, ZapThink, and Zend Technologies.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- The Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx Review – Strongly Love/Hate It
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?